B&B: Unpopular Forester Returning?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sly was sleeping with Lark Voorhies's character, Jasmine, while also being with Jessica, hoping to get to her trust fund. Jessica realized what he was doing and made him think she was pregnant, then told him the truth. He raped her. I think Jasmine started working with Jessica to try to bring him to justice. Sly held both of them prisoner at Bikini Bar and set Jasmine on fire. He was then killed in the blaze. Jasmine recovered but vanished or had a quick exit no one cared about.

• Members

She wasn't unpopular; the writing was a little one-note on her character but the Dylan Neal pairing was really good.

She was just let go when Brad Bell had one of his insta-moods and wanted to make the show latino with bringing on Garcia and Lili from GH... Hence, Lark Voorhier, Maitland Ward, Dylan Neal, Brent Jasmer were all let go. The show wanted to keep the lovely Lindsay Price but she decided to walk some months later due to a total lack of story.

I REALLY liked that 20-something cast back in the mid-90s.

• Members

And Maitland Ward, Lindsay Price, and Dylan Neal all went on to a fair amount of primetime work. Compared to the truly awful young people often shoved onto B&B in recent years, obviously Bradley Bell didn't have too much to do with their casting.

• Members

He should have stuck with the idea of integrating a Latino family into the show. BB is simulcast in Spanish, so I think it might have been an opportunity for them. But alas, here we are in 2010 in some strange version of LA where ethnic minorities and gays don't seem to exist, while the ratings drift ever lower. It kills me because B&B desperately needed a new family, then and now. I guess the Jones clan will be it and I do like them, but it's a lost opportunity for the diversity this show desperately needs.

Archived