GH: April Discussion Thread

• Members

I wonder if Dante and Lulu haven't been getting good feedback and JMB is going under the knife to try to win people over? I can't imagine the horrors that must go on with these women backstage, the nasty stuff the brass probably tell them about their appearance. Either that or Nancy Lee Grahn uses voodoo to get them to mutilate themselves so she can still be fresh.

I wish they would just recast Lulu. JMB isn't all that special, she has little chemistry with her leading men and not all that much with Lucky or Luke or Ethan. You could replace her with relative ease.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NLG has tweeted that she uses botox. Since JJ's return, RH's forehead looks frozen from botox every few weeks. A lot of these women are using something on their faces.

I wonder how Dante and Lulu are doing in ABC's focus groups which are the only things that matter other than what Guza wants.

• Members

You really have to wonder whether viewers even want to see these frozen-faced women. I think NLG still looks about the same and it hasn't affected her acting but this stuff seriously does affect acting over time. As always I have no idea who GH is marketed for. Either women who hate women, or men who hate women.

• Members

I dunno how well this couple is doing but JMB going under the knife wouldn't help matters if they're tanking. She just doesn't have 'it' imo. I've seen prettier women not have 'it' either. I don't think she's ugly but she just doesn't have sex appeal, sensuality, charisma, etc to make me like her pairings. It doesn't help matters that making love the first time is what Dante and Lulu are stuck on. Its tedious now and there's no fire/burn so I could care less.

• Members

It occurred to me that this is pilot season so JMB may be auditioning which is why she had all that work done.

I think that JMB is pretty enough for prime time. Her issue is that she lacks sexuality and has a coldness that prevents her from selling a romance. I'm not looking forward to the next two to three years of her horrible romance with Dante.

We should enjoy Maya while she is here. She is going to be in a romance with greasy Ethan which is sure to be a bust.

• Members

I don't see that happening. Lulu is the golden girl. She gets all the Guza's pets first. They broke up Lulu and Johnny so she would be available for Dante. They didn't even bother giving Dante the possibility of another love interest before sticking him with her. Guza doesn't even bother doing real triangles or exploring new pairings for current characters. Dante is stuck with her chem-less butt forever.

Archived