• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

RHOBH

Still absorbing a strange and ultimately unsatisfying episode.

What was Kathy doing at reunion when she was MIA this season (except as a whispered threat)? Why did she psych out Sutton? Why is she buddy-buddy with Erika who last season accused Kathy of using a gay slur? Is she returning next season?

Certainly her presence wakes the show up, but it also serves to highlight how lacking the dynamic is. The cast feels like work colleagues grimly marching towards a Friday deadline. They don't look like they are enjoying their lives in Beverly Hills, nor each other. Except for Kathy, obviously, who can barely hide her glee that Mauricio is out of the family fold.

The other reason Kathy's return fell flat is because she came on to fight Kyle's battles. Kyle, ever the victim in need of rescuing, ever the bully, thought this was a flex. It made her look like cowardly. The sniper from the side most of us know her to be. If it's not Kathy, she's drafting in Teddi to be her mouthpiece/attack dog.

We still don't know why Kyle is divorcing Mo (Netflix may have more deets) or what's going on with Morgan (Mo and Mo). And yes, Kyle, having built your big TV career and made millions off this show (AND beat your co-workers with the "Just be honest" stick for 15 years), that entitles your audience to some answers.

I sort of believe that Kyle and Morgan may be having an emotional but not necessarily physical relationship. Sex rates and libidos are in freefall across the world these days, and 55-year old Kyle may no longer be about sex-as-validation anymore. 

I'm not sure what Kathy has over Sutton and Garcelle, but they should have put their big-girl pants on and stayed at reunion. Their skedaddle proved Kyle and Erika's point about everyone being scared of Little Kathy.

In other news, Karen Huger really needs to trademark 'Grande Dame' because Andy is over-using it at all the reunions. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah, that 3rd part of RHOBH was weird.  I don't think Sutton was faking anything, but without Sutton and Garcelle's presence, half of Kathy's purpose for being there (fighting Kyle's battles) fell by the wayside. Those who remained on the right couch (Crystal, FlopMarie) were just... there.  It's almost like they should've just done a separate interview with Andy grilling the Richards sisters on where they currently stand with each other. Kim could've been there too, if she wasn't busy praying by a trashcan. 

I'm sure Dorit vs. Kyle while Dorit's marriage is in jeopardy is already the storyboard outline for next season, just as Tamra and Vicki's "feud" has successfully landed Vicki back to filming scenes, just as planned predicted...  

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I didn't know that Vicki was back on RHOC (and I'm OK with that). And I am really dumb, because I thought this latest T&V feud was legit!

You put your finger on why Kathy's appearance fell flat. Poor Crystal gamely tried to ask a few questions, but it was a hell of a job because she wants to be on Kathy's good side. FlopMarie said literally nothing for two episodes and looked deeply bored. Dorit and Erika didn't say much either but at least they gave us Reaction Shots.

Sutton in her lovely tweed Aquascutum jacket leaving the studio appeared rejuvenated, and that's why I had trouble believing she couldn't carry on with the reunion. Garcelle should have at least stayed. It's not like Kathy was going to Rinna Garcelle the way she Rinna-ed Rinna.

• Members

I agree with you both - the third episode was weird and deeply unsatisfying. 

Kathy's purpose was undefined and while I didn't mind seeing her thrill at Mauricio exiting stage left from her family, I still do not buy that she and Kyle are solid. They will always have issues. 

I also didn't like the way Kathy behaved with Erika about Sutton. It shows that these women are simply coworkers who clock in when needed.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Nene is now claiming that Porsha has refused to work with her

Porsha aint sht. Im with Nene. It hits her deeper bc she has claimed to be blackballed so finding opportunities have been difficult. Then Porsha comes along insinuating that she's problematic and threw her under the bus. And Porsha was mad bc Nene didnt reach out to her when she found out she was getting a divorce? Grow up

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Chiiiile, this is SOOOO MESSY! Nene went on a double date with Simon and his new girlfriend, posted a picture and tagged the side chick! She is sending a very obvious message that reads FCK YOU PORSHA!

• Members

Oh, yeah...it sounds like a LOT of cutting up in going on during filming for them. 

Should be another great season from what little I know of it.

Please register in order to view this content

Yep. From getting sympathy to being back on the struggle bus. lol. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

RHOP

Another dull episode with the only good part the last 6 minutes where a cameo from one of the Sesame Street cast members proved to be explosive. That woman is such trash. I'll also point out that heifer Charisse made yet another cameo, straining the stitches of whatever dress she found for herself from Dress Barn. 

Wendy's lame talk show storyline...nobody is asking for that show and whatever she spent on the pilot had better wind up being a good tax write off because she's flushed that money down the toilet otherwise. 

Gizelle and Ashley's clothing is absolutely hideous and will not generate a time in profit. The two least stylish cast members thinking they could break into the massively competitive athleisure space? Please.

Candiace and the "I want a baby!" storyline...didn't we live through that last year or the year before? Am I imagining that we've endured that before? I could swear we've heard this before.

Mia and Gordon's family therapy scenes are so farcical when he's simply a john who married his "stripper at a gentleman's club where they served steak and lobster who was actually richer than the john because she had an inheritance." 

Robyn and her franchise launch...super boring. Who cares? When she's saying she wants a stream of income that's not dependent on an employer...but fails to realize that she's going into a highly discretionary income based business that is dependant on a steady stream of customers...

The Karen and Gizelle scene was nice. 

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

"a cameo from one of the Sesame Street cast members"

"straining the stitches of whatever dress she found for herself from Dress Barn"

"The two least stylish cast members thinking they could break into the massively competitive athleisure space"

Faint GIFs | Tenor

You must have had a lot of fun writing this, because I had a lot of fun reading it!

Hopefully reunion will be more exciting than whatever it was being served up this season -- and at the very least give us and the women some form of closure with each other.

I saw RH reviewer (and author of Erika Jayne's 'autobiography') Brian Moylan on Twitter suggesting that the RHOP cast pull a Survivor and start voting people off the island and bring some fresh blood in. He said Karen should be exempt from the vote-off this time, but that it was time for Candiace, who is "giving late-stage Nene," to think about going. I thought it was an interesting assessment. I'd add a couple other names to that list, perhaps too many names (!), but the cast dynamic is no longer working and something needs to be changed.

• Members

ICAM 100% 

Exactly where is that so-called talk show debuting? YouTube for sure. 

Candiace calling the G&A athleisure line just a step up from Alibaba.com was hilarious. 

And here my first thought with Robyn was that she was expanding her lil embellished hat collection. Did she close up shop on that venture? 

Mia isn't worth a mention. 

I can sympathize with Gizelle for what she's going through with her dad, and it's nice Ashley was able to pick up the ball and run with it for their clothing business, however lame it may be. 

Your Charrisse comment... LOL... 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

This is the best Robyn has EVER looked at a reunion. If she's setting the bar with this, then Im hopeful or what the rest are serving. She said overall the cast was giving a 10 but I cant even hate bc I think she looks good and she rarely does

• Members

RHOP

I just finished the last cast trip episodes. Yeah...meh. 

THE GOOD.

On one hand, it was nice to see the girls having fun. It did verge on getting boring outside of La Dame of course, but they were sitting there actually having fun and ki-ki-ing. And they could be civil to each other. So it was sad to see that go left due to...you guessed it-or not...the GEB. 

Messy Mia being...well...a MESS. Digging into Ashley's divorce...and I'm starting to think she never will cuz she has nothing. So loved Mia clocking that. I also loved her paying Ashley in dust. Then you have Mia spinning a narrative with Gee...keeping the girls guessing when they know she lies. And then Mia was full of delusions.

I loved Keirana (?). She seem fun and fresh...just like my girl Jacqueline. That said...it should say something that she clocked the whole group dynamic reaaaal quick. 

THE BAD

The divide. I think the one thing I really found fascinating...and I hope the reunion resolves it...was for every moment that the divide was exposed and issues got brought up to be dealt with, it would be quickly pushed down regardless putting it on the table to be dealt with little women rather than sitting there and being catty (c) Claudia Jordan. And that made the trip really uneven if I'm being honest. And really tiring. What makes it so frustrating was that it was clear that it was GIZELLE and ROBYN, but it seems like online people want to pick on Wendy and Candiace now. That said...there was a point during the trip yeeeeeah Candiace kinda irked me cuz she did the same thing the GEB was doing. Maybe we should put Gizelle and Candiace in a room and let them fight. 

Oh, well...I have hope for the next episode with Jacqueline's return cuz I've been looking forward to seeing her. But this season has me tired now. And I was one of the few who loved how it started. It just stalled in the middle of the season and has never recovered. La Dame and Messy Mia can only do soooooo much when your production team are bias.