Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And it's also - if people are on the side of TRUTH and JUSTICE, that somehow means they're wrong, Erika? No. Just because you are friends with someone does not mean you have to blindly stand by them. If she's proven to have knowledge of what Tom Girardi allegedly did, then she's just as bad as he is and can sit all the way down and shut all the way up. 

• Members

Nothing says "I'm completely innocent" like threatening to 'come after' your friends for bringing up the allegations in the first place!

The 'tough showgirl' act has been hollow for a while. The excessive glam, the 'touring' -- it was all done for the show, to give a false image of Erika's lifestyle. What foolishly spent money. Whether she wants to admit it or not, Erika is at the heart of Tom Girardi's legal troubles because that money was taken from the legal trusts.

Let her carry RHOBH on her back this season. It is long overdue that she show some of her real life.

-------

This article from Vulture has got people talking in the RH universe -- including Porsha herself. It's the article where Andy basically says Kelly Dodd represents a 'viewpoint' (what is with Bravo's hard-on for this witch anyway? She has no redeeming qualities whatsoever and clearly cannot carry a franchise). It talks about Bravo's uneasy navigation between escapism and trying to make a platform for social justice.

https://www.vulture.com/article/bravo-real-housewives-reckoning.html?utm_campaign=nym&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

Edited by Cat

• Members

Ahhhhh...the article that really started it all. How timely.

Please register in order to view this content

Meanwhile, any thoughts on Porsha's LIVE last night when she talked about a bit of what's coming up at the reunion before she turned it into a real life moment that was much needed given what's going on in the world...and people's reactions to her doing that since they just thought it was just going to be a 'reality tv' thing? Also telling.

As for Erika...it's funny seeing her in these promos. Meanwhile, articles are dropping daily about how she is doing everything she can to BLOCK those victims getting the money that is due them. Also loving how evidence continues to paint her as being in the KNOW. 

• Members

That episode of the podcast was so funny - "OR WHAT?" *Cookie Monster Voice* - I was rolling. Danny is a joy.

That photograph illustrates another issue he raised - that it's obvious Erika has run out of cash and has no glam squad because her makeup is so poorly blended. Look at that line of demarcation at her temple and along her hairline. Mikey Minden would never.

• Members

Scott Barnes and Preston Meneses did her makeup back in the glory days and they are meant to be top-notch. No way would that demarcation line be left unblended. Mikey would have thrown a fit!

They also wouldn't have gotten foundation on her collar:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Cat

• Members

It is funny because it is THE thing that struck me from the entire trailer. And I kept thinking me obsessing over that awful makeup line during a "dramatic scene" summed up this franchise pretty well.
A really petty mundane detail hat somehow managed to say something about that lady's life.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Okay, I might be convinced to watch the whole season if people keep shading Erika like they are all over Twitter and here...soooo many people have been picking on her makup now. It's hilarious.

If it turns out to be true that (someone leaked) they are going to stay on Erika. Thus her snapping like in the promo...I might even hatewatch to watch that bitca fall.

• Members

I am 100% watching purely for the ability to trash Erika at every opportunity. I hope this season is full of schadenfreude - if any of the allegations about her or Girardi are even halfway accurate they have earned this disgrace.  

That's what I loved about the early seasons of BH when all these small societal slights and their spending spoke volumes about who some of them really were. 

• Members

Did you happen to see the tweet where someone compared her signature on the note she gave to LVP over her brother's passing over some legal documents she did back in the day? If that wasn't enough of a smoking gun I don't know what is.

• Members

I am going to say this: it would quite something if this group of women who behaves like a pack of hyenas going after a chosen victim every season and does. not. let. go of the dumbest pettiest stuff to the point of bullying, would actually NOT do the same the one season they have a real non made-up reason to go full-on on one of them
I don't like their usual behavior and what they did to LVP or DR the past seasons but I'll be damned if I see them go easy on EG this season. 

• Members

A small part of me feels pity for her because she built her image entirely around physical appearance: the glam squad, the outrageous spending, the costumed designer LEWKS at every outing. Every detail on her had to be airbrushed, unblemished perfection. And now she is trying hard to keep up appearances on the glam front, but is slipping and HW Twitter is all over it.

Best case scenario: she has to shoulder a massive financial liability for years to come. Worst case: liability + prison. It's a slow moving car crash, and that's why she is willing to play the villainess on BH right now. That scene with Sutton was pure performative soap opera. If Tom was still swimming in millions, she would tell Bravo where to stick it, but she can't now.

Hubris, thy name is Girardi.

I did not see Porsha's Insta Live, so I imagine she is defending herself against charges that she is not really a social activist but more using the movement to burnish her own image? And that she didn't want to share the BLM limelight with Kandi or Kenya?

This is why Bravo's embrace of social justice has been a little shaky.  Because the expectation is that some of these women must speak from high moral authority. However, as we all know, these women are flawed. Porsha is flawed. Gizelle too. And social media jumps on any flaw and it overshadows the message sometimes. And because they are flawed, it makes us wonder... are they doing this because they care? Or for their own image? 

I will say that I appreciate that Bravo is mixing up its casts and trying to embrace in its own superficial way.... I think many casts are all the better for it. And honestly, there were many things that were lacking on ATL this season, but the BLM segment was not one of them.

Edited by Cat