Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

On Love & Marriage, as much as I love Monique, she tried to control the narrative to the point, that it drove her mad. But I get it. I think she felt the pressure of wanting to present a strong Black family on TV to the point of her undoing. She left the show too b/c she (before Bethenny) raised the question of why they don't get residuals. That left a sour taste in Carlos King's mouth and they parted ways. 

Oh? I didn't know that Foxtel was a Murdoch company. Now it all makes sense. Do you think Lisa was cast because her husband is an extremist and probably runs in the same circles as Rupert Murdoch? Aussies, please educate me. 

I thought Cheshire would fit into Bravo in its early seasons. I have not watched the show since Ampika left (SIDE NOTE: She's returning this upcoming season), so I don't know how it is now. I've seen clips at the most via Twitter. 

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@NothinButAttitude I'm not Australian so hopefully Aussies will correct me, but my understanding was that Lisa's husband was such a hot mess politically that Murdoch and his acolytes never would have legitimately backed him on the political stage. There were so many scandals and power struggles in that extremist party of his that he was eventually expelled from it. He then transitioned into reality TV with Lisa where they put their troubled marriage out there for public consumption. They have since divorced. So I think to the Murdoch execs, he was a useful idiot they could make some money off of. 

Lisa, who very likely had similar views as her husband and enjoyed the fame, came across to me as nobody's idiot. She trolled not just the other RHs but the audience itself. I suspect Foxtel saw that right away, saw that she understood the game and would be great for the show. She was an extremely controversial choice, though. Victoria voiced it on-camera and at the reunion, but she wasn't the only one who felt the Oldfields should not have been offered a platform given their extremist views. 

I remember Ampika! And Dawn. The Magali! The good old days. 

Good for Monique, honestly. Way before Bethenny jumped on that bandwagon.

• Members

I mean between this and me watching another episode of RHOM, ladies have been giving fashion AND hotness...it's wild!!! So...I feel you.

Please register in order to view this content

They really all do...and I don't like the GEB like that, but even I can say they are breathtaking...especially Robyn with that fur top. 

That said...you all see Muppethead trying to troll online now that the cast released pictures?

• Members

8 is too many.  6 is the magic number where we can get a nice balance of individual vignettes and group scenes.

Potomac needs to be deducting housewives, not adding to the stale numbers.

RHOSLC:

Monica is just pure trash... good for housewives, but certainly someone I wouldn't be friends in real life.  I certainly wouldn't trust her with anyone married or my significant other.  

Lisa is all about Lisa.. and tonight I was understood what Monica was saying and agreed with Monica.. though I do think Monica is projecting her insecurities onto Lisa.  Actually.. she and Lisa are more alike then either would like to admit.

Whitney... you may have gotten some coaching from Candiace.. but you're still in the reading people for beginners class.

Angie K... makes me wonder why Angie H isn't there instead LOL

Heather has the best talking heads especially during the team building scenes at the park LOL 

• Members

We’re so blessed to be getting this and Married at the same time.

RHOC

Wow, Heather effortlessly ate up Tamra last night without breaking a sweat. The other ladies really are complete dumbasses for how they let Tamra so easily do the same [!@#$%^&*] over and over.

• Members

I have no words. This lady has a fixation with the show, and it is not anchored in reality.

Ugh I hate to give Bethenny any clicks as she uses other people's struggles and trauma to burnish her own brand, but yes I will be listening to this interview from beginning to end. I hope B doesn't talk all over her.

They all look true to themselves:

Erin, the stay-at-home mom "but I'm still young and cute, guys."

Sai wants you all to know that she is an INFLUENCER.

Jessel cannot dress for sh!t, but look how thrilled she looks!

Of course Brynn went for 'Sexy Victoriana.'

Ubah looks like a supermodel at an awards show, but her smile literally lights up the room.

There was chatter online about Jenna's choice of jeans, and how dare she at a reunion. I knew she'd try to JCrew it. It's fine. Jenna has a very set, very controlled image of herself from her JCrew days and she's never going to stray from that. It would be, like, betraying her brand.

Speaking of Jessel -- I am screaming in excitement. YES BRING BACK CAROLE RADZIWILL

Rhony Countess GIF - Rhony Countess Luann - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Cat