Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I echo pretty much everything people are saying about POTOMAC's epic episode. I actually loved they went back to "everyday life" after the big fight, knowing what was slowly simmering for the weeks ahead. And I also appreciated how they cut any background music or hype and just let the footage of the fight play out and speak for itself.

REAL. Beverly Hills, take note: Viewers are not interested in fakery fluff anymore. 

I am married to someone who has "seen red" from time to time. It is a blinding rage of anger and it is something that needs to be acknowledged, worked through, and hopefully contained if a future heated moment arises. Monique is by no means innocent (and her side-stepping producers on the staircase and going back out to find Candaice was all a part of the same thread of that blinding rage... she hadn't come down from her "high" yet), but Candaice had it coming to her. Sorry if there's disagreement on that.

I hope Monique has gotten through her anger issues, as my hubby has done, because he's come a long way and I've seen the progress and change. 

Candaice was the Kenya and Monique was the Porsha. Candaice poked the wrong bear. Candaice fights with her tongue; Monique fights with her fists. And so goes Krystle Carrington dragging Alexis' ass into the lily pond. 

+1 to everyone's sentiments regarding Karen being the MVP, Karen and Ray, Ashley rightfully getting her coins, and Gizelle's dad on the hot mic... Great episode. Can't wait for next week! 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Color me unshocked that Candiace is milking her role as victim for all it is worth! And I didn't like her harsh words about Karen. 

That contouring and look is... A LOT. Is she trying to channel Dominique Devereux? (Not that there's anything wrong with that

Please register in order to view this content

) 

• Members

Monique was wrong for her tirade but Im still TeamMonique. I hate how there is ZERO accountability on Candiace and those that support her as if she wasnt provoking the situation.

Also Gizelle agitated the situation by pushing Monique and running off. Robyn was also being dramatic saying Monique was killing Candiace. Girl, shut up

Ashley, forever the gold digger has turned her misfortune into fortune. I aint mad at her. She got Michael admitting to messing up and this postnup on tv. She made sure to get the reciepts in case this ever needs to make it to court. Good for her

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I just want to take this and marry it.

ESPECIALLY the BOLD. 

Well, Candiace will more than likely be pressuring Karen in the coming weeks (even her tone in next week's preview when she is on the phone with Karen when she said she had already talked to the girls was ICY) and she is probably mad at the response she got since Karen is a ride-or-die for Monique and the mother Candiace wished she had. 

Yeah, we are same page on Robyn. I sooo was saying 'shut up.'

As for the bold...

RHOA

And Oooooo...speaking of NayNay, she is already booked on Tamron Hall for Friday!!!!!!!!!!

So RHOP starts the week and RHOA is finishing...

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

If Monique can't handle being verbally provoked, she shouldn't be on a Housewives show. That's what these shows are. If Denise and Tinsley can withstand all the abuse they got without getting physical, Monique could suck up Candaice's childish nonsense. I'm truly disturbed by how people are excusing Monique's actions. It feels like people are making excuses for Monique because they like her better. 

• Members

I wish Monique had the presence of mind to walk away, but she was so filled with lingering rage at Candiace and was ready to put her in her place. A few people might think it looks weak to cede ground to someone who gets in your personal space, but I think it looks far weaker to let some annoying little girl get you out of your character. Walk away, girl. Giving someone a good butt-whoopin’ might feel great, but that sh!t gets you locked up, and I have way too much to lose to have the momentary satisfaction of bashing someone’s head in.

Monique’s behavior was disturbing, from how long it took her to release Candiace’s hair to her walking around the building to attack Candiace a second time. I definitely don’t give her a pass, and if the other ladies voice that they feel appalled and uncomfortable with her behavior, I don’t blame them one bit.

That said, how many brawls and scraps have we seen on Jersey? What about Lisa Rinna on BH breaking the wine glass in front of Kim Richards in Amsterdam, shards of which ended up in people’s hair and could have easily cut or blinded someone? There are a few women on these shows who could use a bit of self-control.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

What chilled me to the bone was Monique's demeanor that continued into the next day.  She was filled with misguided rationales without any insight into how extreme her reaction was to the situation.  

I also really appreciated the context that each of the other women discussed in terms of the racial and gender implications of being a part of a tv show that showed physical violence between two women.  It was very compelling.

Between this and the Staci interview, at some point Tamron's just going to have to rename her show Watch What Happens 2.0

• Members

Exactly!!! And while most people are not giving her a pass...at least not completely...if they do, it will be because of what I put in BOLD.

And it should be a discussion to have...which the girls are going to do next week. If one can't wait, there are some clips already posted if you look around.

Please register in order to view this content

In fact, they are better for it because they are going to discuss it. I never watched Jersey regularly, but have they really discuss their fights and how they look and how they felt and how it keys into the Jersey stereotype? My only big exposure was later-Danielle these past few seasons and well it was more about gangup than what I just said. Meanwhile Ex Soap Star at least acknowledge her wrong in Amsterdam if I remembered correctly from BH Season 5...then...gone. I know a rare thing for that show.

I agree. re: discussion of racial/gender implications. Remember...this was supposed to have dropped back in May. Now? It's even more timely due to what is going on in the world. Quite compelling with this cast that has at times been about manners, but at times have done the most to stay keeping it real.

Ha! WWHL WITH BETTER RATINGS.  

• Members

I watched NJ at the beginning, but admittedly it’s never been one of my favorite franchises, and I stopped watching not long after the Manzos left (checking in here and there since). It had to have come up at one of the reunions, I feel, particularly around stereotypes of Italian Americans (and a couple of my Italian-American friends refuse to watch NJ for that reason). Someone here might remember if they talked about it. All those post-Sopranos reality shows set in the Tri-State (RHONJ, Jersey Shore, Mob Wives, etc.) reveled in violent, damaging stereotypes about Italian-American culture to some extent and didn’t dig that much beneath the surface.

• Members

I was also never as much of a fan of RHONJ as I am of Potomac and New York.

To me, a key distinction between the two shows was when Danielle pulled Margaret's ponytail (which sound ridiculous when just writing the phrase), it became about women in their 40's discussing the rights and wrongs of hair pulling, where as Potomac has broken the fourth wall and discussed the implications of being on a show that portrays violence between two women of color.  Which may be why the Jersey women are often the subjects of ridicule through the editing of their show and their tacky displays of wealth, while the Potomac women feel as if they are in on the joke.    

• Members

Catching up on some alleged RH news:

https://dlisted.com/2020/09/27/sophia-hutchins-and-caitlyn-jenner-are-reportedly-in-talks-to-join-the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/

And Nene is going in on Andy Cohen and Wendy Williams. Actually, I agree with a lot of what she says. She is gone now. No need for AC or WW to utter her name. @4.27 is when she goes in on Andy.

• Members

I would agree with Nene in theory, but then I remember all the s*it talk she has done about all of her RHOA castmates. She loved going on Andy's show and doing the same thing Wendy did. Now that it's directed at her, she hates it. She's not the only one they do that to. Andy always has someone on to discredit/attack LVP since she left. She was mourning her mother's death and Eileen Davidson and Andy were shading her. It was gross.