Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was. This whole season is underwhelming as f-ck. Michael Beck needs to be fired. This is supposed to be the anniversary season and it is flat much like OC's 10th season. I don't get why these shows don't go all out that season. 

I think it's been reported Beck with be EP for the upcoming season of NY, which scares me. 

ATL needs new blood though. They need 1-2 fiery cast members to shake up this cast. 

Sunday's episodes was a bore b/c it was all about Cynthia's fauxmance and them begging Kim to go on a damn trip knowing she wasn't. I'm hoping this upcoming episode is the start to the season getting juicy thanks to roach-gate. I don't think this season will be any good until reunion time where I see a bloodbath occurring. 

Speaking of boring Housewives shows...

RHOBH was no better. Dorit is grating. Erika is a bore. Rinna is nonexistent. Again, why was Camille not given a diamond this season? She's given more than Erika and Rinna. 

Next week looks interesting as the drama starts up, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm ready for Potomac & Dallas to return. I love these shows with 12 episodes a season or less.

• Members

Honestly this might be my last Atlanta season. I’ve only caught maybe half of it and it’s such a bore. I did like the vegan dinner because it had some of the lighter shade I’m used to on the show but as I’ve said before it’s hard to watch when you know the cast barely likes each other.

• Members

Eva came in guns blazing, only she was shooting with blanks!  The whole thing with Cynthia's paramour was a huge dud and it was way too soon for a newbie to jump in that way, IMHO.

Cynthia is Cynthia.  Not much happening, but she'd be the balance if the rest of the show was interesting.  

Nene was my reason for returning, but she's clearly here for a paycheck and trying to generate energy as well as interest.  Trying to recruit disciples is so ugly and I just don't like it.  

Kenya is beyond over this! 

Kim - the less said the better!

Porsha is trying but there's nothing there, especially when the other ladies are not interested in the show or her.

Kandi is still a passive/aggressive twat and she's only on this show because it helps her empire flourish.  She is the only one that does not need Bravo's check.  

Sherry can be on this show for another 10 years and still won't have enough to afford that house or pay her creditors.  She is a fake pretending she has more than she really does as she totally ignores viewers are completely aware of her situation.  The town gossip?  Can't use Bob anymore and Sherry is bringing nothing else, so bye!  

I would be ok if they ended the show!  

• Members

It does look like Atlanta needs a shake up... starting with casting women that actually like each other because if the current format of contrived gatherings/vacations continues... it looks better if the women actually enjoy being with one another.  Back in the day, the women didn't have to know or like each other when it was more about their day to day lives... but Atlanta needs to emulate the NY model if it hopes to succeed.

BH and Dallas are more a hybrid where some of the women still like each other.. but we get glimpses into their individual lives.

OC and NJ need to go back to the day to day stuff with some shade/drama thrown in.. because both shows were focused more on the family aspect then the drama.

I've never seen RHOP so I don't know where they fall on the spectrum.

• Members

@Nothin'ButAttitude @ChitHappens @Antoyne agree about RHOA. None of the women really want to be there. And Production is doing a poor job. The show is not being edited and put together with any wit or humor or understanding of these women. Carlos King, for all his faults (and lord knows he fed Phaedra that gossip about Kandi) had been working on ATL since S1. Michael Beck doesn't appear to have watched RHOA. His production only perks up when Kim Zolciak slimes her way onscreen -- and then the show starts feeling like Tardy For The Party. But when she's not on, it is just a collection of contrived scenes about not much. I mean, Porsha's veganism is a central storyline. Are Kandi and Kenya even on this show anymore? They are halfway out the door. Nene feels like a FOH. Sheree feels like a FOH who happens to be mute.

The only people who seem somewhat invested in being onscreen are Porsha (Bravo still trying and failing to make her happen), Marlo (nasty), Kim (NO) and Mama Joyce (ditto). Add Cynthia and that is quite the motley crew to base a show around. 

Like @Nothin'ButAttitude I really worry for Beck's production on RHONY. I don't think Tardy For The Party is adequate work experience for ATL, let alone NYC.

RHOBH:

Dorit and Erika showed their respective asses BIG TIME this episode. Dorit is a born liar desperate to impress her new buddy. She is so dumb because she doesn't realize that Erika and Rinna are playing her. Rinna is taking a purposeful step back from the theatrics, thereby forcing Dorit to stir the pot on her own. And Erika is getting closer to the fool, coaxing out the dumbassedness and giving Dorit enough rope to hang herself.

I 1,000% empathize with what Erika goes through with her lady-cycle. However, Erika's decision to stay at a hotel was because she disdains these women. She doesn't want to spend one more minute with them than absolutely necessary. Erika was a massive b!tch to Teddi who was hosting everybody with warmth and graciousness. I warmed to Teddi this episode because she is honest in her feelings without being cruel. Unlike Erika, who acted like Teddi's hand on her arm was going to give her Ebola and icily told her "I don't need to be petted." Yeah right, Erika. That's why you stormed off in a huff. Erika pretends she doesn't care but she absolutely does, very much so. I hope she gets called out at Reunion about this because she treated her hostess very badly -- much worse than Kathryn acted a few seasons ago at Erika's house.

Also, when Erika was interrogating everybody about what they had said the night before, it felt very KGB henchwoman and took me back to when Erika was Yolanda's heavy in finding out who said Munchausen. Yeesh.

Camille was great, especially when she shuffled her chair forward to call Dorit a tattletale. Get her diamond, Camille!

Edited by Cat

• Members

Entertainment Weekly has a compilation of every book written by the HW's.

Random Thoughts:

• The only one I've read is Carole's What Remains.
  • If it's on sale for 1.99 I'd pick up one of Teresa's cookbooks and LVP's entertaining book. 
  • I didn't know Eileen Davidson has "written" so many books
  • I had forgotten about Jill Zarin's fiasco with the fake Amazon reviews. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Dang Gina, you summed it up. 

Although I don't find anything wrong with Kandi.  Cynthia is a great supportive role, as you said, but you're right: her normalcy balances out the lunacy, but there's nothing good going on with anyone else. 

No words for Kim either. Stank bitch does not make for good TV anymore. 

Love your write-up for Sheree. Indeed. 

NeNe... sigh. I wonder if she's just hoping Ryan Murphy will eventually cast her again in one of his newest projects? 

• Members

RHOA

I would call it dry or slow starting still. It has had moments, but they have been just that. I do agree that right now Twink Boy is trying to stack the show in Wig's favor even though that rusty dishrag is nothing but rachet trailer park trash. Just look at what is going on. I know everyone is not liking Cnythia's storyline. I am in the minority on that. I admit that I don't like how she is going about all these relevations from Eva and Thotzilla, but it is what it is. I mean other than Leon and Peter has Cynthia ever really dated?

That said...

NENE...I'm entertained but I'm interested in the fallout from her comment that got her booted off the Xscape tour.

KANDI...can afford to be low-key given last season. I don't mind watching her life. However, they need to give up trying to have her makeup with Toyota. However long it take her to forgive Xscape? I rest my case.

TOYOTA. I admit that she is coming across somewhat better with me than I expected she would. Maybe it's because they are showing her point of view. However...how real is it?

SHEREE. The best story for her would be if someone revealed how broke she really was. The fact she can't even change her clothes on trips should be a BIG clue.

KENYA. This so feels like her swan song. And I am sad, but I am happy she is happy. And Marc suuure ain't ugly. lol.

EVA. I don't think she fell flat if the other ladies are running with it and using it to start drama with Cynthia. A good start instead.

WIG. Because I haven't did it in a few pages...

Please register in order to view this content

Love every time Kenya own her A&&.

BH

Behind, but I will be watching that posting above later. Camille has been showing signs of Season 1 and I love it. I would love more if she would take Dorit down who has been on so annoying this season.

And it looks like Kyle is going to get in her a*& next week. 

Okay, watched it. And speaking of Camille...

I liked this, too. Camille, please continue to call Dorit out. She really needs it.