Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I really like Heather because she is so diff from everyone else, she is very east coast. She comes off educated, well spoken, and respectable, but she also knows how to have a good time and doesnt seem to make big issues out of nothing. She also has all the other women pegged spot on. But i truly diont think she acts above them, she knows they are just very diferent but as evident in her relationship with tamra and now gretchen, even viki, shes down to do whatever and hang with them. her alexis comments are amazing.

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just watched the second part and Heather is a class act. I liked her going to Alexis and expressing remorse for her feeling bad bc thats not what she wanted but I loved even more that she did not take back when she said. She reiterated that she thinks Alexis comes across too pretentious and showy and maybe thats something she needs to work on if she isnt aware of it. The entire vacation seemed so much more fun and relaxing once Alexis left. Good riddans bitch

tumblr_m57imimuYv1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

tumblr_m57ilhDdkW1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

tumblr_m57cnoxchW1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

tumblr_m50n949z2o1r2y7qbo1_r1_500.gif

• Members

Reiko is the last one they should replace, she has a purpose on the show: the woman who actually gets along with people and doesn't talk smack. As well, in terms of depicting Vancouver in any way accurately, Reiko being Asian is so important, Vancouver has a massive, influential and celebrated Asian population, to not have an Asian woman in the cast would be a slap in the face to a population that nears 500,000 in the city and many times that in the province and country.

What makes Vancouver a good franchise is that the Canadian network and production company have taken a slightly different approach to the show, it isn't all drama all the time, there is a good balance of fun and light, which is my major problem with what NJ, BH and NYC have devolved to, very dark, very nasty. The other franchises derive their fun out of being mean or gossipy. Vancouver, on the whole, does not. Reiko is the fun and light side, her role is necessary.

• Members

With 500,000 Asans, Im sure they can recat Reiko with one thats more interesting. I like her but she adds little to the group. I think if they focused more on her family and husband she'd have some intersting story bc Ive read about her and she has potential to be juicy but so much is held back

I do agree on the show having good balance and its why I love it. However most of the franchises start this way. It isnt until season 3 that they tend to go downhill with the over the top nastiness and fighting. Im sure Vancouver will get that way as well but for now I will enjoy it.

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I find Gretchen much more tolerable this season. Actually all the women are except for Alexis and maybe Vicki at times. Last season they were all just way too nasty and mean but they are more light hearted and back to being fun now

• Members

The simple fact of the matter is most of the Asian population with substantial wealth wouldn't be caught dead on RHOV, it's far too undignified for them. I do see a point in having a sedate member of the cast, if everyone's a live wire, it gets exhausting. When you say if they focused on Reiko's husband (ie his past) it could be juicy...again that's juice being derived from a dark, ugly place. It might be accurate, but it would make the whole show, like NJ is now, a dark, angry, ugly thing. It might not be necessarily accurate to her personally, but Reiko's depiction really is a typical Vancouverite, most of us don't like a lot of drama.

And you're absolutely right, most of the franchises start this way and you're bang on with season 3 being the usual breaking point...I am a little hopeful that because Vancouver is not produced in any association with Bravo that it stands a chance of being reflective of the production company (Lark Productions)'s goal because if all the other programs had this type of balance, they'd be even more compulsive to watch,

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

tumblr_m5air2r9lm1r7r1l7o1_400.gif

Speak of the devil! I just saw this week's Vancouver and it was all about Reiko. She finally got some meaty airtime and we saw her husband. She got to host a party and be the star and now she's also feuding with Jody. She came across a bit more viable in this episode since she wasnt background material. She looked beautiful in her dress, jewelery and makeup

tumblr_m59tzdPGdQ1roaojm.gif

Christina and Mia had sex? WTH? I thought Mia just slept at her place, not actually slept with her. How old is Mia anyway?

tumblr_m59tv5cPLQ1roaojm.gif

Jody is no longer fun. She's starting to get a bit too nasty for my tastes and this is only season 1. She's coming across like season 3/4 Jill (NYC)

The girls think Ronnie is too faced for acting so close with Jody. No she's not too faced, she's a drunk. She has bigger problems and its not who her friends are, its the alchol. She was clearly plastered and probably didnt even remember the stuff that happened in the car

tumblr_m56vqzPYhW1qedt22o1_500.gif

tumblr_m5ahfjmRUu1r7r1l7o1_500.png

tumblr_m59tf32Gbn1roaojm.gif

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Can I just say how much I loved the look on Mary's son's face when he had to zip up Aunt Ronnie? :lol:

Jody is so nasty and not in a fun way. Her treatment of Mary and now Reiko is beyond the pale.

Ronnie is becoming my fave of the housewives, I think.

RHoNJ:

That whole sequence with Rosie telling Kathy's kids and then that random friend of the family toying with her in the hot-tub was kind of random.

I also can't deal with the Manzo kids. Love Caroline, Chris Manzo makes me laugh, Albie whatever, but if I have to hear Lauren whine about why she's not magically rich and thin, I think I will have an aneurysm. Also not a big fan of Greg.

But I do LOVE Teresa's kids even though I can't stand her. Milania asking Gia if she was texting her boyfriend and Gia giving her that "GTFO before I kick your ass" look was made of WIN. I could also watch Milania kicking guests in the balls all day long.

• Members

Yay another Ronnie fan! I love her and she is most def my favorite of Vancouver

BTW, I LOVE this! Closest thing to a Housewives crossover event....LOL

tumblr_m53gziCC811r7r1l7o1_400.gif

tumblr_m5c4jfAySZ1r7r1l7o1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_m557vkqTtB1r7r1l7o1_500.gif

tumblr_m558moLCYO1r7r1l7o1_400.gif

tumblr_m559w3yjkv1r7r1l7o1_400.gif

tumblr_m557brhFtB1r7r1l7o1_500.gif

tumblr_m53g8cA7od1r7r1l7o1_500.gif

Could you imagine if they did a multi-episode special featuring:

Nene (ATL)