Another Actress Returns to ATWT

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same here. I realize asking Larry Bryggman back is impossible, but why waste time on Gwen, Will, and now Iris, when the show is slated to end this Sept.? Apparently, TPTB don't realize it was characters such as these three that forced many viewers (myself included!) to abandon the show altogether.

ETA: Who else is returning that we don't give two shits about? Zac and Zoe (the twins that tried to split up Nuke, whoever they were)? Celia in a Crate?

• Members

I agree that bringing Iris back is sort of a WTF move, but it gives me hope that Gwen and Will will be given actual story when they return rather than just stopping in to say "hi." I appreciate that ATWT is still telling stories rather than simply throwing in the towel. Granted, some nostalgia is necessary--as soap fans, it's all we have left--but I think that TPTB are making an effort to please fans and appeal to the show's history. More is at play here, I imagine, than TPTB (lack of) willingness to ask back old fan favorites.

• Members

Bad news: All we will get is content from Goutman's 11 years as EP. He was probably proud of Iris for some half-assed reason so she'll get airtime. Anything that was not part of his vision will, mostly, be disregarded. I think he somehow thinks that CBS might changed its mind--the comments he made about the Frannie return were all about ratings which shouldn't matter now. Maybe he thinks a rise in demos will somehow help him land a new job. I'd be shocked by an Ellen return but maybe we'll get Penny.

BTW, I find it odd that World Turns is wasting money on this Lisa contest. The goal of a contest is to raise ratings. Any promotion costs money. The show is filmed in NYC and they could have easily found hundreds of lousy lounge singers. I think Goutman is as detached from reality as Ellen Wheeler.

Archived