March 1-5, 2010

Toups

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Though I still like B&B in a kitschy way...you're right. The show should be a hit with the young demo, really, the show should be a bigger hit overall.

And yet, it just isn't. Since I don't think the show is going to be around within 10 years...I don't care if it changes because it's a nostalgic throwback to the 80s. But yeah, Brad's checked out and he isn't letting anyone come in and change things.

• Members

If Cady did in fact contain the bleed, I am surprised the hair alone didn't start it up again. If she was in fact responsible AMC is probably in for a world of hurt this past week. The show was very boring for the most part.

• Members

I do this if they haven't gotten me by Tuesday I'm gone till the next week I don't have time for bad writing its too much good programming out here, webisodes, and I have episodes to catch up on that I get online. I don't have time for this nonsense. Write good stories I'm all there.

• Members
I was looking at a Brooke/Lauren clip from, like 1995, and even THEN, the fashion seemed more with it, appropriate, and sexy than the crap Birgit puts the actors in now. Embarrassing.

The elements for the young viewer were always in place. Brad was too stupid not to exploit those years ago and hold onto the talent that was good(Courtnee Draper, Jennifer Finnigan) or hold on to the talent that, although wasn't all that good, he nurtured(Torkildsen, Frantz, Cain). With the Bells connections to all things Hollywood, there's no excuse for a show ripe with such potential to be so lazy and sloppily written. Working hard or working enough to get by just isn't good enough anymore. Nor is being cheap.

You're far too generous. Watch these bigger city, power-hungry affiliates shift this show to late-night once Bloom officially falls asleep at the wheel. B&B is toast once ATWT goes off the air. The show, from the affiliates standpoint, won't be a good lead-in for whatever new gameshow CBS has and they could better profit from airing syndicated programming in that slot.

• Members

DaytimeFan, on 11 March 2010 - 06:14 PM, said:

And yet, it just isn't. Since I don't think the show is going to be around within 10 years...

You're far too generous. Watch these bigger city, power-hungry affiliates shift this show to late-night once Bloom officially falls asleep at the wheel. B&B is toast once ATWT goes off the air. The show, from the affiliates standpoint, won't be a good lead-in for whatever new gameshow CBS has and they could better profit from airing syndicated programming in that slot.

This post has been edited by bellcurve: Yesterday, 11:36 PM

Agreed--being part of a block of programming certainly helps B&B. also, the show has been loosing viewers at a similiar pace as ATWT. Considering that B&B has Y&R and a lead and airs at 1:30 in the east you would think that the shows would trend at a similiar pace. If Days can keep up the good work, I expect B&B to fall into 3ed place within a year. It is freaky how the CBS lineup has imploded over the last year. The only way B&B will survive is if the Bells can strike a contract deal linking the two shows. CBS has no pity and once B&B hits a 2.0 they are gone.

• Members

Perhaps. But actually — no.

I used to think so too, but now I see this show was dates since the beginning. And the thesis about recycled Y&R isn't too far fetched. It was too much a safe show, never really daring in any particular aspect.

As time passed, the flaws and gaping holes became more visible to the point where the whole show is now one big, fat, empty black hole which has nothing to offer.

I also believe that the time of those fashion shows is gone. In primetime TV especially.

We were there, we saw it, we should've like it, we didn't, it was dreadful, we moved on.

• Members

The only way to save B&B is for Billy Bell to stand up to his brother, tell Brad to his face he isn't cutting it, they can't afford to carry him any more, he has to let go, let someone else write the show... and that will never, ever happen. Buh-bye, B&B...

• Members

AT least early on, even if so many of the stories were direct, albeit campier, swipes of 1970s Y&R, in a way it had that as a good thing (70s Y&R stories, slightly diluted, still hold up ;) ) now it just seems to be redundent takes on itself...

Nixon fans, and even recently Nixon herself, have commented on how they wish she had kept ownership of her soaps. It's true that while Bill Bell was alive that kept his soaps in pretty good condition--but in a way I think since then it's almost been bad for his shows--the nepotism, etc.

• Members

Yes, especially her Faust rip off story on Loving--you got it :P

NOnono, I just meant that early B&B was at least ripping off good stuff--70s Y&R. Now B&B is just ripping off 90s B&B really... which is of far less interest. You had to read an awful lot into what I wrote to get from that that I thoguth Bill Bell didn't write anything decent outside of 70s Y&R ;)

Archived