OLTL:Favourite Vicki & Jessica Personality

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jean Randolph.

I also got a kick out of Tommy when he was throwing Dorian around, and I thought it was eerie/cool the way they'd do Erika Slezak's voice when she was the Victor alter.

I'll go with Tess for Jessica, but I was not a-tall a fan of making Jessica have DID too.

• Members

I never watched OL back in the day when Viki had all her personalities so i am only familiar with Jean and Niki. I'd prefer Jean.

I also loved Tess. I would much rather have had Tess come back instead of this 'high school' personality. Tess could have gone off on Brody for not protecting her enough from Mitch. She could have taunted him that he was no Nash.

Would have been better conflict in my opinion than this Jess/Cris nonsense.

• Members

Personally, I don't care if they ever do another DID story. It's all been beyond played out.

It was fun for a while, then Malone got carried away, and then in recent years it's been poorly handled, especially Jessica's personalities. It doesn't help that Bree Williamson is such a horrid actress that can chew all the scenery up in a scene, and the one person she's supposed to be play effectively (Jessica), she's beyond underwhelming in.

As we mentioned in the Gordon Russell thread, it's funny how he found years worth of story for Vicki, yet never once had to resort to bringing back her multiple personalities. Yes, Marco did gaslight her into beleiving Nikki Smith was back and Viki for a while believed it, but I found that a lot more compelling that the recent stories with Vicki and her alters.

• Members

I have to, for lack of a better word, defend Niki. I realize that even when the writing was better, Niki became a cartoon, but I think up to that shameful, shockingly bad 2002 return, Niki worked fine. Through the 1985 DID story, Niki was believable as a tough, trashy, but not completely in outer space representation of what Viki never allowed herself to be. Then when they brought her back a few years later and that was more shrill but I thought she worked in the story where she had to help Viki regain the ability to walk.

They were smart to downplay her in the 1995 story, because they knew that Niki was not a planner, or a schemer, or some big villain. They used her when they wanted Viki to get out of Llanview, and in those moments, Niki was fun. The scenes where she was in Atlantic City with Joey, the scenes where she palled around with a bewildered Todd.

The 2002 return was not in character for Niki, Erika Slezak gave what was probably her worst performance, and the story was terribly written.

As for my favorite Viki personality -- Tori. I like how she was very smart yet also clearly on edge. Those scenes where she would rage about Victor's abuse were some of Erika's best moments, they were chilling. That scene where Todd confronts her at Llanfair before she burns the house down and he is so clearly stunned and terrified by her. Or the scenes with Clint after he stops her from burning down the Banner.

Archived