Bristish Soap Awards 2010

Bright Eyes

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That makes sense.

For all my EE focus, I do agree that Corrie didn't really deserve any awards, and as fond as I am of Emmerdale, I know they didn't really pull themselves together cohesively until last summer or fall. If I'm frustrated about anything it's the sense that it may not matter how good Emmerdale is, it's still not going to win any awards and may not get a big viewer increase either. I just like the idea that if a show improves in quality then it will be noticed.

Michelle Keegan is a gorgeous young woman (especially without the fake tan!) but Tina is never portrayed that way so it's interesting she always wins. Roxanne McKee always used to win that award. I think Michelle is a bit prettier, although she looked her best with Jason, as Ryan Thomas is also beautiful. They were like an old Hollywood couple.

• Members

She'll still be up next year though I think, since she's not leaving until fall.

I hope he makes the same facial expression he made when Emmerdale didn't win anything at the NTAs.

I guess they always have to have someone say that stuff though. I remember in early 2008, when Emmerdale was coming off a year that became remembered for people fighting over some sort of all important cardigan, the yummy guy who plays David Metcalfe had to go on about what a good chance they had...

• Members

But has Emmerdale ever really been one of those soaps with a lot of attention, or with the crazy fanbase that EastEnder and Coronation Street have?

For example, Corrie's creative upswing in the early 00's was heavily recognized by viewing audiences and the media. EastEnders usually gets similar ratings and media attention when they're doing well, too.

Emmerdale just seems like one of those soaps that's just there and no one really gives it much attention or awards. Kind of like One Life To Live is, in some ways. :lol:

Even Hollyoaks got major attention when they were doing well a few years ago, but maybe that's because that she has been seen as being awful since it started and then it's "improvements" were seen as something radically good.

• Members

It's never been one of the big soaps, but it did have a big audience increase after they changed their image following the 1993 plane crash, and it continued to do well up to a few years ago when the ratings started to tumble. Considering they are on 6 episodes a week and were for several years used as a battering ram against Eastenders (which ITV thankfully stopped doing last year), they've held up well; even their worst stuff in 2008 I thought had some bright spots. I don't expect the show to ever be close to what EE or Corrie are but I'm hoping they might at least gain some more in the ratings and in awards. I think they go hand-in-hand, I think one of the reasons the ratings haven't gone up more is because there isn't a lot of hype, as only certain shows get that. It just annoys me because Corrie has gotten away with being in a slump for several years now and Eastenders has also had a lot of slump periods even in their recent comeback years (2008...most of 2010 so far).

• Members

That's a very 80's outfit, it works for her.

Of the other photos I saw I thought Carley Stenson looked good, and so did Patsy Palmer, but her dress was too short (her son also didn't seem to want to be there). Zsa Zsa did too.

• Members

Ooh, I hadn't seen the bottom of the dress. I just like the color.

I heard some say Cheryl was the worst dressed. The Cheryl from Hollyoaks. Cheryl Fergsuon/Heather, she didn't do much for me either, her hair looked very flat.

I like that some of the younger Eastenders guys wore vests (or whatever they would be called over there) and more elaborate suits.

• Members

Why am I not surprised. I dont know who is worse US or British voting. I expected EE to win for something hell Danny to win. I personally think it should have been a tie between Stacey and Danny but what do I know. EE has its moments but I was not as impressed as I was with the current Aaron storyline with Emmerdale. Here is what I dont understand if you were nominated that much and not win in one major catorgory whats point because you already know who you going to give it to.

Archived