OLTL Spoilers

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh please, the Melinda thing is just the latest in the line of "Oh look here, look at how much HISTORY we're using! Don't you just LOVE that?!" bullcrap that's supposed to turn your head from the rest of the [!@#$%^&*] on this show.

I feel like a flashy grandkid who neglected his estranged grandmother (World Turns) over the last few months to hang out with the hot new thing in town (One Life) while grandmother fell ill and was given ten months to live. Well, that ends now. Grandma, I'm comin' home!

• Members

Oh, lord, no regime was going to use Melinda. No one has in years and years. Even in the Canton story in the late '90s, Melinda was an afterthought.

I totally agree they should've laid in more background by having her appear prior to her death - I think it was the least they could've done - but in terms of the decision, I'm not going to sit here and be like "Melinda! How could they? A dagger in my heart!" Because, no. If you want to kill a Cramer with the least amount of damage to the recognizable characters (like Cassie) and give Kelly a springboard, Melinda is the one to kill.

As for Addie, they used her a lot more before the strike - and had set up a story for her to explode at the Go Red Ball in 2008 - and then much less after. I have one guess why.

• Members

I'm interested in the Jessica/Cristian redux if only to see if Erin Torpey and David Fumero were the reason to root for this couple. I remember not digging Bree's Jessica with Cristian when she first came onto the show.

Very glad to see Gigi is mad at Schuyler.

The Kim/Clint development is intriguing, if not entirely unexpected.

If any Cramer had to die, I'm glad it's Melinda and not Cassie or Addie. And since her death appears to happen off-screen, there's a chance she's alive.

• Members

Killing off Melinda is just bad storytelling. Very disappointing on so many levels. The show has some very good moments, but the overall stories being told stink. I don't care about John McBain and anyone; Gigi and anyone; or Langston and anyone. I'm tired of Todd and Blair, and bored by Starr and Cole and Greg and Rachel. Even Mitch's return has been terrible... after Rex searched for years for his father, he gets Mitch... and then gets about 3 scenes with the guy, while Roxy gets none. With the exceptions of Michael Easton and Farah Fath, the problem isn't the actors or the acting... it's the dreadful storytelling.

• Members

Were they ever even really a couple with Erin and David? It seemed like Will/Jessica were endgame.

That's one of the reasons I don't get this story. Neither of these actors was there for the Jessica/Cris people enjoyed. It's like that Billy/Mac reunion on Y&R, only Cris won't chew off his own face and Jessica washes her hair.

• Members

I believe they were for a time, but IIRC they were always handicapped by JFP's drive towards Will and Jessica. She did play the triangle for as long as she possibly could - I believe it lasted a good two years before Cris threw in the towel.

Archived