OLTL Spoilers

• Members

Rex and GiGi started out good, but by the end, the writers just butchered the whole pairing. I really never saw any chemistry between the actors, and I personally think Farah Fath is a mediocre actrss.

GiGi doesnt serve most purpose on the show, I dont think. And Farah Fath is NOT good at doing the emotional scenes they have writter for GiGi.

She was better off on Days.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, but I find her appealing despite that. One thing I've noticed with OLTL is that the camp is bringing out the worst in many of the actors. JPL, FF and SC have all had several over the top moments recently where I felt like I was watching REALLY bad community theater.

• Members

I like Fish but yeah, he can be so annoying when he's away from Kyle. The other day when was freaking out alone and said to himself "I think I'm in trouble Kyle." That basically sums up everything for me. He can just be so...inept when Kyle's not with him. Makes you wonder how he ever survived life between when him & Kyle broke up in college and when Kyle arrived in Llaineview. :lol:

• Members

I think her time was up on Days but she was wonderful when she first came to the show. I loved Rex and Gigi and their romance is probably one of the best ones RC ever created. And then it wasn't. I don't know what happened. Now I have a very hard time enjoying them as individuals or as a couple. But then they have these moments and I get hope that they could be as good as they were.

I think RC didn't know what it was that fans liked about them and Brian Frons pushed his agenda on to them since FF was his casting decision. I hope they might work though. If we get to see them raising the baby with their family and then they lose custody when Fish steps forward. That might be good. And it brings Rex and Gigi almost full-circle because it was a baby's paternity that brought them together in the first place.

I had hoped that if they were around Kish it would help them regain their charm but it is having the opposite effect on me. I like Kish better away from them.

I wonder if Schuyler is kept around so Kim can have an affair with him. We all know she's going to cheat on Clint. If she's fighting with Schuyler over the baby it might lead to tension that turns sexual giving Kim her own baby. No way is she going to get pregnant by Clint.

• Members

Yeah, I find her somewhat appealing too. Or, I did. When her and Rex first got together, I thought they were a great couple and I loved them, despite both of them being somewhat mediocre actors. But now all of the sudden the writers have totally demolished them, and made them pretty unlikeable as individuals.

It just seems so...off, that GiGi would weight all these years for REX, never be with another man or anything, and then all the sudden she was in love with Rex. It kind of tarnished the romance factor for me.

I agree, Fath's time was up on DAYs, but she did start off great. And I liked her there more than I like her now, is all I meant.

I think you may be right about Schuyler/Kim...Their main purpose on the show was with Gigi and Stacy...With GiGi seemingly being done with him for good, and Stacy being "dead"...Both have lost their main plot. (With the exceptions of the Clint/Kim storyline...)...So I have a feeling they will have some sort of pairing.

• Members

I don't remember Rex ever asking Stacy to abort. But even in Gigi's case, there's a big difference between suggesting an abortion to Stacy - who didn't care at all about Sierra back then and who everyone believed was unfit - and spending nine months prowling around with a gun, ready to cap the baby the moment it pops out of Stacy's hooha. Gigi hasn't exactly been out for infant blood. Once Stacy said no, Gigi attempted to resign herself to the situation and actually was more responsible about the baby's appointments, ultrasounds, vitamins etc. than anyone else involved. She hated that Stacy was having Rex's baby, but she wanted the baby to be cared for.

• Members

As soon as he learned the child wasn't his he didn't care about her or Stacy, it was just Gigi.

As for Gigi, I think giving money for an abortion is a very big step. Stacy didn't have the abortion, but that wasn't because of Gigi. In Gigi's mind the baby should have never been born. I don't think a few teary moments with Stacy before she died are going to compensate for the real resentment and humiliation she felt because of the baby's conception and everything with Stacy's schemes to win Rex. If, as I think the spoilers imply, she wants custody of Sierra Rose to get back at Sky, then it's not about the baby for her, it's about a grudge.

• Members

I am glad GiGi is standing up for the baby...and I really hope that her caring for the baby isnt about getting back at Sky.

Rex should never be anywhere near a child...

But I agree, I dont think a couple of heart to heart moments could just erase all the hate and tension that GiGi felt towards both Stacy AND the baby.

Archived