Lorraine Broderick appearing in credits on AMC

• Members

Not sure when it started but today I noticed that Lorraine Broderick is appearing under Charles Pratts name as headwriter of All My Children at the moment. It nice and refreshing to see her name back in the mix on the show and hoping that she went in and began to change some of Pratt's storylines. All I can say is i sure hope Lorriane is staying on when David Kriezman and Donna Swajeski take over and help guide them so the show stays on the track to improvement.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which is a good position for her. She'll have the ability to pitch storyline ideas and have some say over character/story development. She also has a working history with both David and Donna. Does anyone know why she only was at GL there as an AHW in 2004 for only a few months?

• Members

Mitch mentioned that the only time Kreizman/Swajeski had a consistent soap was for the months Broderick was there as AHW.

In particular, Lorraine Broderick wrote the episode where all of Springfield finds out about Roger Thorpe's death. Try to YouTube it and see if that episode is still there. It was a good episode, and luckily, they trusted her with it.

Oh, here it is:

• Members

Associate Head Writer, particularly in Lorraine's case given her history with AMC, would so much as encompass being a storyline consultant as well as give her some permanent influence on the overall storyline direction. Though it had its faults, OLTL under Griffith, then Griffith-Malone, was light years better in its execution of the stories while LB remained as AHW. Lindsay's emotional decomposing after having mistakenly shot and killed the father of her children... Marcy helping Al struggle with drug addiction, and Al surprised at himself falling for her... The character conflicts and confrontations were exemplary, in spite of some wide plot-holes that Malone had penned... Stories then went to bad a couple months after when Malone arrived full-time, to worse when Broderick left the team altogether a year later. I honestly believe ABC underestimated how well she can keep grounded and make great character scenes.... even when it's out of the worst plots dropped on the table from another writer.

Right now, you can tell the scripts are being sent back to LB for tweaking. There are things happening in scenes, even the smallest actions and dialog, that haven't happened on AMC in years. (I seriously think Pratt never bothered nor cared to review what came out of characters' mouths.) Colby grabbing Annie and hugging her in such a dark moment? So small, but so significant. Little nuggets showing viewers WHO these characters are... I hope to infinity that Broderick is staying on. She knows and understands the show's history and identity far better than Kreizman or Swajeski. Once more - and I think this is very important - Broderick should be asked to pen the entire events surrounding Palmer's passing. She will push for the presence of Nina, Daisy, Bobby (and Michael) - heck, even Cliff if Y&R will allow Peter Bergman for one day (which, given the circumstance, one might hope they would consider it). With the recent mentions of Leo, hey, even the perception of someone who "just might" be Vanessa could lurk in the background - laying the ground for possible future story.

One can dream, right? Many of us did, after Pratt's dismissal, "dream" that Broderick could return - which many, even those of us loudly suggesting it, thought was highly improbable.... and look what happened. ;)

Archived