Y&R: Potpourri Thread 4

• Members

How old is Adrianne Franz? Amber is being written as at least 30 given how often her "bio clock :rolleyes: is mentioned. I don't see what being interested in younger guys has to do with the age her character is supposed to be. Victor and Jack are always interested in younger women, but that doesn't make them seem any younger. In fact, I think Sabrina made Victor look even older than he's supposed to be and Sharon did the same for Jack.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ahem. According to IMBD:

Greg Rikaart - born 26 February 1977

Michael Graziadei - born 22 September 1979

Adrienne Frantz - 7 June 1978

Emily O'Brien - 28 May 1985

Wilson Bethel - 24 February 1984

So they are 33, 30, 31, 24 and 25, respectively. By rights, the first three should be mixing it up with Nick, Billy, Chloe and VampToria. Preferably in business. Even Bethel and O'Brien are past the college-kid stage and both can easily play older. I don't want to put the blame for everything-and-world-famine on Zima but this high school character she's playing is running the damn show. High school! Tricking a bunch of scam artists who are, at best, in their late 20s!

Graz, especially, represents the way TPTB have squandered so much potential. At this point, I'd rather see Phyllis play-flirt with her own son than Daniel in ANY scene with Kevin and Amber ever again.

• Members

D'oh! Brain fart. I guess I wanted to forget that Michael "I'm gonna hole myself up in the walls of Cricket's apartment in order to better stalk her" Baldwin and Lauren "luxury retail CEO" Fenmore could be duped by that stoned piece of lint.

• Members

And the best part is these people are just walking around town like some vapid non-characters instead of making them the new, competitive and b!tchy citizens of Genoa City, the world centre of corporate business and megacompanies like Chancellor Industries, Jabot Cosmetics and Newman Enterprises! Hostile takeovers, outrageous high heels/stilettos, tight and sexy black business suits, fur coats and designer hats, elevator fights, sex on the conference room table, intrigues, secrets and behind-the-scenes machinations, stroming-in/storimng-out of board meetings, shocking revelations!!!

So many possibilities, ZERO realised ones.

• Members

I know Y&R can never return to the way Y&R was in the 80s. That time is gone. But back in the late 90s, when Joshua Morrow was still trying to grow those three hairs on his chin, he was in some GREAT SLs involving starting a job at Newman and getting too big for his boots. Nick got arrogant and started pulling rank on Victoria and Neil, even though they were older and more experienced businesspeople. JM must have been in his mid-20s. Later, he testified against Victor when they had that insider sabotage trial and that was meaty corporate chicanery. And he got set up by Rick Hearst's Matt in an amazing scene where Matt pulled out his oxygen pipe and put it in Nick's hand, leaving him to take the fall for his "murder."

All I'm saying is, JM got story that was appropriate to his (and Nick's) age. So did Heather Tom (and Amelia Heinle). And Scott Reeves. And every other 20-something actor at the time. By contrast, Kevin, Daniel and Amber make the plotlines of Sweet Valley High look gritty and adult. Frantz is WAY too old to be playing Betty Boop-boop-bee-doop.

Archived