AMC: James Mitchell has passed away

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is so sad. But how fortunate we were to see James one last time for AMC's 40th Anniversary. I'll forever remember Palmer messing with my favorite AMC couple, Cliff and Nina. I loved to hate Palmer.

And yet, he had his tender side with Daisy and Opal. He will be terribly missed. AMC had better honor the man.

• Members

Ah, this is very sad. Tearing up a bit. Glad he was able to make an appearance for the anniversary show. The show will DEFINITELY do a tribute for him. This is totally unlike the Louis Edmonds (Langley) situation. James was still a presence on the show and, like Ruth Warrick, obviously well-regarded by ABC to keep him on contract for so long without being well enough to appear. Taylor Miller will definitely be back. Possibly Gillian Spencer and Brian Gaskill and maybe even Candi Earley? James and Peter Bergman were great friends til the very end, but would CBS/Sony let him appear on AMC? Are these types of appearances even allowed? Jerry ver Dorn wanted to appear on the last episode of GL, but ABC said no dice.

Archived