AMC: James Mitchell has passed away

• Members

I love retro-futurism. I also love the class progression of the GM brands (it would have been perfect if the wife described Chevrolet rather than Pontiac as "bewitching" seeing as how Chevy was Bewitched's sponsor).

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, it just might. ;)

I just remembered the 35th anniversary special they did on SoapNet and KLG didn't look as old as they made Tara look when she came back about ten years earlier. I am very tempted to say that Carol Luiken was still dressing the show then because I remember Tara in professional attire similar to Erica at the time, a suit, scarf, and overcoat, hair in a French roll with the gray streaks.

No, I don't think GS looks anything like ES, but something about her hair style and color when she came back to get Palmer and Opal back together again reminds me of the similar looking pinkish gray wig they gave ES to wear for her first few days as Jean.

• Members

Gotcha, that's what I thought you meant. I think it's all about the hair. She has a very distinct nose for daytime, her immediate Viki replacement, Joanne Dorian, had similar bone structure. Gillian had kind of a bob on OLTL. I love how Agnes Nixon had almost a Tennessee Williams take on her characters, reintroducing and reworking prototypes, and a perfect example is Palmer and Daisy... Palmer and Nina are Victor and Viki/Meredith Lord revisited, and here she had her original Viki, Gillian Spencer, in the Eugenia role... yet death didn't take her away from the family, but a yearning for life experience outside of the contraints of marriage and motherhood did. She returned and faced the fallout. I really can't say enough about the characters Agnes Nixon has created.

• Members

Well she has said her afinity is for the writers of the South, so that makes sense--I actually sometimes wish soap writers would rip off Tenn Williams more (I don't mean have more castrations and actsof gay canibalism, but...) would beat many of the blah, cliche stories we currently get.

I wish we could see Gillian as Vicki/Nicki... (in those Paley lectures one audience member asks why back then Nicki had a blonde wig but it was red in 1985 when she came back--Agnes looks utterly confused by the very question lol)

Archived