AMC: James Mitchell has passed away

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll probably regret saying this, but AMC has done a remarkably good job of having good tribute/funeral/etc episodes even wen in the midst of a not very good writing regime. Maybe it's cuz some of theoriginal people (and to a tiny extent Agnes) are still there? I'm really not worried.

And Kaye didn't have to fight for a Myrtle funeral (lol) though he did ask to contribute to the script.

• Members

Well yeah, exactly what I thought. The tribute to Myrtle was wonderfully done... much better than the one done for Phoebe.... she didn't even get the whole episode. I can remember her memorial was inbetween scenes with Kendall and Ryan talking about Rylee and their quest for a baby. God the late spring/summer of 2005 was so atrocious.

• Members

Some more from Soapnet

The recent passing of James Mitchell -- who played Palmer Cortlandt on All My Children for over 30 years -- has saddened us all. The question on everyone's minds has been: Will All My Children acknowledge this? The answer is: Yes. Not only will the show recognize the passing of Palmer Cortlandt, but they plan to give him a tribute that is fitting to James's long tenure on the show. Moral of the story: Palmer (and James) will be honored [expect classic clips!].

No airdate has been set, but expect to see it later this spring -- allowing for the arrival of new headwriters Donna Swajeski and David Kreizman to work with the rest of the team on a proper memorial.

http://sn.soapnet.go...tchell-memorial

• Members

While I agree I don't believe he had to fight for a tribute, Francesca James said he fought more than anybody to ensure it was done right. I took that to mean he fought for an entire episode be devoted to it, which had not been done in the case of Ruth Warrick. With Warrick they were worried about losing viewers so they had to devote a good chunk of the episode to advancing current storyline (Rylee).

• Members

While I agree I don't believe he had to fight for a tribute, Francesca James said he fought more than anybody to ensure it was done right. I took that to mean he fought for an entire episode be devoted to it, which had not been done in the case of Ruth Warrick. With Warrick they were worried about losing viewers so they had to devote a good chunk of the episode to advancing current storyline (Rylee).

• Members

Archived