AMC: HD/LA?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.

I hope they surprise us with an entirely new opening. They have historically done so when the show celebrated an anniversary. They changed the opening in 1990 and 1995. Maybe they are waiting for the first HD broadcast to bring it out.

AMC will have three big events in the span of two months. A move across the country, the 40th anniversary, and going high def.

This more than any other time in the show's history would warrant a new opening to go along with the new era.

• Members

Didn't Daytime Confidential report a few months back that Rebecca B alluded to a new opening? She was probably just talking about new shots.

I doubt we'll get a new opening either. GH didn't get one when they went HD. I think Frons likes the cookie cutter openings abc has.

• Members

Where did Rebecca allude to a new opening? I'd love to see that. Anywho, GH is supposedly getting a new opening soon since all the actors have filmed new shots. Chances on that happening before 2011? Slim to none :lol:

I don't know when he filmed it, I don't remember exactly, but the 8th was when the episode he filmed will air. And the day he set his status was a few days after they began filming in LA

• Members

GH's opening is in the worst state out of all the ABC soaps. It never really suited the show and was a horrible replacement to the face of the heart opening which fit the show so well (but then the show has changed a lot since that opening debuted in the 90's). GH also has the "all male" shot at the end where half of the characters have been killed, left town, or are missing. OLTL's opening just never fit the show but it works. AMC's was the best out of the 3 and still is. They used the album and updated the theme music. Is it my favorite AMC opening? Absolutely not. Do I like the character shots that are multi-purposed throughout promos and bumpers? Absolutely not. Do I enjoy how it resembles the other two ABC soap openings? Absolutely not. But it's the best of the 3. Now if they would bring back the opening from 2002 and update it I'd be in heaven. That was my favorite opening. It was a perfect update to the 1994 opening and theme and it fit the show so well.

Archived