HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

I'm glad to get confirmation Varys will be with Tyrion. I was afraid Varys would have ditched him and would be offscreen. They must have been afraid people thought Tyrion wouldn't be around because we must have seen him about 8 times in that promo.

Dany's continued battles in Meereen look interesting.

I like that they were so vague over most of what's going to happen.

No Theon or most of Stannis' group (aside from a random shot of Melisandre getting naked) - not much of a surprise there, sadly, as those of us who watch for them are a vocal minority.

I see they're continuing to use those terrible dirge covers of good pop songs. Not a fan.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I realize nobody else cares, but on Emmerdale yesterday, one of my favorite characters, Robert Sugden, used Jon Snow as a codename for his rendezvous with a secret boyfriend.

Robert is bi, and as I've always headcanoned Jon as bi, it made me smile.

His fiancee asked if that made her his "wildling" (when he had to lie and say the room was for her), which...must have confused viewers who have never seen GoT.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm trying to find a link other than a brief mention at Winter Is Coming, but Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei) is apparently now a part of the regular cast, for as much as that counts for longevity on GOT. No word yet on Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm), who is also doing a run on Broadchurch.

• Members

George R.R. Martin's original pitch for A Song of Ice & Fire - over 20 years old - has leaked from the Twitter account of British bookseller Waterstones.

Potential long-term SPOILERS abound, but it must be said that it is very old and quite different from the existing product already. For one thing, in this outline, there's no Red or Purple Weddings, Catelyn, Bran and Arya go to the North to fight White Walkers (where Catelyn perishes), Drogo and Daenerys never fall in love and his lies spur her to murder him, Sansa marries Joffrey and regrets it, and Joffrey dies at Tyrion's hands after being maimed in battle with Robb Stark. There's also a big Jon/Arya/Tyrion love triangle which I somehow doubt will emerge anytime soon.

Edited by Vee