HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

Images from Telltale's GOT adventure game have leaked. It looks as though the Lannisters and the Tyrells will make an appearance; as usual, Cersei looks unhappy. I do wonder if the actors will be voicing these. Steven Yeun didn't do Glenn in Season 1 of their Walking Dead game, though both games are official tie-ins. OTOH, Telltale's TWD game is not canon to the TV show and is more in line with the comics' continuity (though very different in tone), while the GOT game seems at least semi-canon and adhering to the show and not the books.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm pretty sure that is a all-new character (and I'm not sure that's Ramsay, either). The only existing GOT characters I can see for sure are Cersei, Tyrion and Margaery.

The game follows House Forrester in the North from late Season 3 to the end of Season 4, and you play five characters from that House, from in the family as well I think the ranks of the House. I think most of the characters pictured there are original and probably several are player characters. My cautious assumption is that the woman in question is one of the ladies of the family.

At least one portion of the game's story apparently has a visit to King's Landing, so presumably that's where the Lannisters are seen.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Lena Headey narrates the first teaser for Telltale Games' GOT game. I'm glad they were able to get the stars to voice these supporting roles, as you are playing original characters in the game.

They've also begun releasing details about the characters (one is an outcast son of the House, currently a sellsword in Essos; two others are a squire and House Forrester's Master-at-Arms), but I'll spare the thread much more as I'm not sure anyone is nearly so much of a geek as me.

A new press release does confirm that Lena, Peter Dinklage, Natalie Dormer and Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Snow) all voice their characters in-game, with "additional cast members" from the show in later episodes.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Well, he's his father's hatchet man in the North so I think it's less a question of popularity and more of his being a needed character vis a vis the game's story, which is largely set in the North following the Red Wedding.

Here is a rundown of the characters revealed today, five of which are the player characters. It's unclear which ones, but I'm pretty sure young Mira Forrester is one of them, hence the King's Landing segment of the game. According to her bio she is a handmaiden to Margaery Tyrell and I believe she can be shown approaching Cersei in the teaser.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Huzzah! The launch trailer for Telltale Games' GOT adventure game is here.

Telltale's GOT game is not what you might expect from video games - it's less action-oriented, focusing more on characters and the player's personal choices that affect the entire story. You play five different characters affiliated with House Forrester in the North, with a storyline following the Red Wedding and spanning til Season 5. It's out tomorrow for PC, Mac, iOS and a variety of consoles, except my PlayStation 3 which gets to wait a week. I am chomping at the bit and may just buy it for Mac.

The game is released episodically - each episode is $5-8 max, usually. I highly recommend Telltale - their Walking Dead game is easily the equal of the show.

Edited by Vee