GH: January 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Patrick was a serious douchelord today at the hospital. Completely humiliating his wife in deffense of his ex-ho? What? No. I would have totally had to slap him hard across the face.

Sam is so dissapointing these days. I agree, they keep giving her these backstories, which is fine, in an effort to connect her to a lot of different people on the canvas. So when her and Jason broke up before, I thought, well at least she can interact as a Cassadine, and with Alexis, and her relationship with Lucky is really fun...But they never used any of it. I mean, every time a woman on the show ends a relationship with Jason, we dont see anything of them barely for two years.

It's like Guza breaks up couples, gives us a two year break, and then shoves them back together and completely ignores everything that happened while they are apart.

Lucky and Sam had so much chemistry. Even when they WERENT together, they just kind of meshed nicely. I dont know if its just the change in actors, or just the fact that they have Lucky being so mean to her all the time...But, all of that chemistry is gone.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well Lucky is not the same Lucky that was GV and he and KeMo clicked on screen and were beautiful and sexy together. THis show missed an opportunity.

As for changing backstories, that completely changes the integrity of a character. I don't agree with all the changes and Sam is a mess of a character. I'd rather they preserved Georgie and Emily on canvas, real legacy characters who we watched grow up on screen, then throwing a character like Sam on canvas when they can't even decide who they want her to be. Heck I'd even have rather seen Courtney(Sonny's sister) still around. At least she was allowed to develop a relationship with Mike her father and Carly her best friend and we got to see those relationships.

• Members

I totally agree. They definitely dont know who they want Sam to be, which is a shame...And I agree with Georgie, Emily and Courtney. Georgie was one of my favorite chaacters ever, and Courtney was fun. Emily was OK, though I prefereed Amber's version of her...Those were the characters that had real history with the show...Sam gets a storyline, starts to develop some stability...Then they change it. She is really hard to get warm to, because we still dont really know who she IS.

• Members

When the hell did Epiphany become Chief Resident?!

Also, Brianna Brown is cute. But UGH, I hate Lisa's fawning all over Patrick. It's so disgusting and inappropriate?

Also, did Steven even grow up with Sarah and Liz? How the hell are they writing these memories of their growing up together if that's the case? I love Karen, but c'mon! I just hope that was a breakdown writer's error.

• Members

Robin w/ Patrick (Scrubs) has a huge fanbase that almost tanked NS1 with that Leyla / Patrick bait n' switch...

Georgie was one of my favs too and it seems GH has pretty much Ko'd or written poorly most of the original characters/actors(esp women) as my fav Elizabeth is now getting the Frons/Guza treatment( like Alexis, Skye). They seem to import actors from other cancelled out shows and treat them better (in story) than they do those who have hung in the trenches.

Frons said he is redefining the genre.

Has Helena ever acknowledged her in any way?

(or Krystina/Molly)? I know Helena doesn't have much use for Alexis but still.

I remember a cute scene with Nik/Molly when she went to ask him for help.

I think Frons wanted her to be attached to a core family so Alexis got stuck with her

and Alexis has been no more than a Sam prop for the most part....singing her praises...

Elizabeth has been on the show 13 years and they have rarely mentioned her mother or Jeff Webber and I don't think they have even said her mother's name in dialog they list her as "unknown".... once I thought it to be Andrea Trent; I don't know where I got that from. I give less than rat's tu-tu about Sam's paternity a character that has been on the show for 6 years.

I dread them finding out who her father is because if it goes "as usual" Alexis will be decimated further in story at the alter paying homage to the goddess. She's been destroyed enough re: this character IMO. Look at Matt and Patrick they used Noah to prop them Guza tainted him in the process for two newbies a deadbeat dad once then up pops Matt deadbeat dad x2 (and Guza won't even write him a storyline no romance.... nothing)

they didn't write well for Anna when she came back / Robert came back for a minute to walk Robin down the aisle then

poof...

• Members

Online fanbases maybe vocal and rabid, but they overestimate their size and impact. If the Scrubs (Robin/Patrick) is so huge how come Night Shift II which featured them did worse than the first series in the ratings? Online fans as a whole don't seem to be more than 1% of the viewing audience so size of these fanbases are minisucle.

• Members

I finished the episode last night, but fell asleep before I could post my thoughts.

Who the hell asked Cassie Layne for her damn opinion?

The more I see Michael lash out onscreen, the more I'm convinced Guza's getting ready to turn him into the new AJ. The authoritative tone Dante had when telling him to pipe down was very interesting and very telling. It could go either way: Dante and Luke become Starsky and Hutch or Dante, sick of the hypocrisy in the law, follows in his new father's footsteps.

I think either direction you go, Michael will be to Dante what AJ was to Jason.

And the way Patrick lashed out at Robin about Lisa pulling double surgeries was unacceptable. Steven asked Robin...Robin just told the truth. How embarassing for Robin.

If Patrick cheats on her, I hope she never takes him back.

• Members

Patrick being condescending to Robin like that and saying that she should stop acting like she's everyone's mother was a low blow. I don't care if she did confirm to Steven(Patrick's now sworn enemy) that Lisa took on two back to back surgeries. Steven asked Robin a question about Lisa, Robin answered it.

• Members

This isn't the first time that Patrick has disrespected Robin in front their co-workers. He used to do it all the time when he was involved with Leyla. I hate how Guza feels the need to have Patrick rip on Robin when he wants to take Patrick in another direction. Then it is all forgotten when they get back together, well, I haven't forgotten so screw that.

• Members

I really loath the new Michael. I understand he has been through a lot, but he went from the most beloved little daytime kid to a total douche lord.

PAtrick was SO out of line. All Steven did was ask a question, so why is it robins fault for answering it?!

I hope she leaves him..

Archived