*The "Laura Wright Makes Me Want to Watch GH" Appreciation Thread!*

bellcurve

• Members

OK, just sign in and admit it if you LOVE LOVE LOVE Laura Wright's Carly. This is probably the first time in years I've found this character to be wildly entertaining since Sarah Joy left. Even with how boring the show can be some times, I still feel compelled to watch, because Laura has brought the spine back into Carly.

Doesn't matter if you liked any of the previous actress, but whether or not you love Laura Wright.

I do.

So sign in if Laura Wright makes you want to watch GH.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol, I wouldn't say that Laura makes me want to watch GH because I'd watch it with or without her on, but I will say that I LOVE her as Carly. I didn't see much of Sarah Brown's portrayal but I loved what I did see. I thought Tamara did a great job and to me she will always be Carly (and I don't mean that in a way to put down her successors). I was intrigued by Jennifer Bransford and thought she did a good job, but the role wasn't for her. Laura Wright is hitting out of the park and for the first time in a long time I can't tell what Carly's gonna do next. She brings a certain "I don't know what" to the role and I'm glad she's fitting in well.

• Members

I should have just made it into a general appreciation thread, but MY GOODNESS, I love her as Carly. I guess she isn't the only reason why I watch(I am intrigued by Robin and that doctor, Patrick, I think his name is, and seeing Jane Elliot on my screen is fun to watch).

I heard her first flashback scenes were done really well, they were nods to the previous portrayers of Carly.

• Members

I actually watch GH more now that Laura is on. She pours her heart and soul into every part she plays, whether it be Ally on Loving/The City, Cassie on Guiding Light or her current personification of Carly on GH. She has brought the !@#$%^&*]y roots out of the ground, where they have been dormant since the days of SB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived