ATWT: December Discussion

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF was up with Henry on Friday's show. Is this guy possessed?

WTH are they doing with Meg? Is she crazy? Did she really try and murder Lily? She looked downright pathetic insisting that Damian loves her even though he was laying in that bed claiming that he doesnt

Is Lesli Kay being used more here than she was on B&B? What is Molly's story?

• Members

Brad had possessed Henry's body in order to get close to Katie, something he's been unable to do as a ghost.

No Meg is not completely crazy(ie not ax crazy) and she probably did not try to kill Lily. Damian is setting her to look crazy to hide the truth that he knew Holden was alive and to hide his affair with Meg. Meg is/was head over heels for Damian because Damian sold her a bunch of BS.

Jack found Molly was working as a news anchor at WCBS in hopes of getting a tip on Simon until she revealed on-air her affair with a married Senator to get back at him for duping her. The Senator then tried to kill to silence her, but Jack and Carly saved the day. Other than that she hasn't had a story yet although she has become close to Holden again and is supporting him.

• Members

Cheap, Damian bedded Meg (so that she wouldn't spill the beans that he knew Holden was really alive, when everyone though he was dead). They had a relationship prior to Holden's "death", so Meg had developed strong feelings for him. When he got together with Lily, he kept sleeping with Meg and telling her he was going to leave Lily. He also payed off the cop that had reported the new of Damian's betrayal to Meg (and only Meg), hence everyone not believing her story. Then, he came up with the idea he and Lily should renew vows. He poisoned the wedding cake and set Meg up to take the fall. All the while, Meg believed Damian really loved her and was going to leave Lily for her. Today was her breaking point because he's no longer secretly whispering sweet nothings in her ear; instead, he's telling her that all the sweet nothings he supposedly told her are figments of her imagination. He's also gotten Holden, Molly, Lily, and Emma to start believing Meg is certifiably insane, especially since she is freaking out over the fact that no one in her own family believes her (especially since Damian has been no saint in the past).

Today's show was so-so.

Trent did well, but the whole ghostBrad shtick has run its course. And like I said a month ago, it's creepy that ATWT is actually pulling off a love triangle with a dead guy.

Craig's upset over Carly not offering him Metro on a silver platter? A big ATTA-BOY! goes to Jack's quip about Craig spending less time bedding Ro and more time at Metro. :D

Marie rocked my world today!!!! That's the best work I've seen her do since her early days on the show. And even then, I never saw skills like she showed today. The heartbreak, anger, frustration....it all showed. Brilliantly.

Aw, poor pitiful Lily got a tiny scratch on her back during her scuffle with Meg. How horrible!!! Meg must be persecuted to the full extent of the law!!! [ end sarcasm ]

I'm still not seeing how the hell Meg managed to silently break in... in between the time it took Damian & Lily to walk in the door, sit down on the couch, and talk... It just makes NO sense.

Lily and Damian, along with Craig and Rosanna & Luke and Noah, are officially fast forward material as of today.

Can't wait to see tomorrow's episode. Some juicy stuff coming up, it looks like.

• Members

Good show today. LOVED seeing Carly and Molly together again, and getting to the heart of the matter where this insane wedding is concerned. I can see too where slow progress is being made between Carly and Jack. And I really felt bad for Carly pushed into such an awkward position and having to deal with Janet on top of everything.

The bachelor roast had it's moments...at least it seemed to signal the end of everyone forgetting Craig's past.

I was a little creeped out by Babs finding those letters she wrote to James. But it seemed to be a good use of history, recalling a time when Barbara was a doe-eyed ingenue and in love with the sophisticated James.

• Members

I'll bet this all happened in a week or two, too. I like Holden/Molly but that is retarded.

They should've gotten to here a year ago and instead of hiring Noelle Beck, if there was absolutely no way to bring Martha back they should've recast Frannie Hughes to fill that hole on the canvas and gone on with Holden and Molly (and crazy Meg). There is no excuse for some genuinely half-decent stories (even with this slapdash, two-minute foundations) only just now appearing.

• Members

Actually, it happened in two days.

I wish they had just written Lily off. Not because Martha "was the heart of the show" ('cause I don't believe that either...) but simply because Lily has been useless for years. *apologies to Dusty*

• Members

Actually, the brevity didn't bother me. I thought the backstory was rather useless, other than how it ties into Molly's insights into poor whacked out Meg's behavior and the fact it drove Jack to call Carly to come to NY to be with her.

• Members

I agree. I think there were a few stories which helped give Lily more shadings, like the Luke coming out story, but otherwise, I haven't really been interested in Lily in a long time. Even Martha seemed more into her role as Rose. That's one of the reasons I didn't mind the recast, it's just that I didn't see a need for Lily at all, especially without a strong counterpoint. I know Meg has become that counterpoint but it should have happened ages ago.

However, I realize a lot of fans probably did still see the need for her. I can't remember if the ratings took a hit when she left.

• Members

Martha Byrne did the best with what she was handed. I, too, admit that Lily seemed a little boring before Rose came on. When Rose was introduced, Martha was able to do things, as an actress, that sweet little Lily would never dream of. Rose's death catapulted Lily into one of the most well-written, albeit brief, grief storylines I've ever witnessed. But after that subsided, Lily fell flat again. I can see why they recasted the part once Martha Byrne was so rudely dismissed, though. They were already going through the "Carly's kids abandoned" story, and I'm sure they didn't want to send Lily off with the kids, because they needed some sort of normalcy for the Holden and Lilden fans. If she had left with the kids, Holden would have been pitiful, Lily would have been perceived as a bitch that wrecked her life and took her kids with her when she left, and the ever-precious Lilden would've been tainted forever. However, what CG failed to realize is that the majority of Lilden fans (myself DEFINITELY included) would be skeptical of a nuLily and lean towards a non-Lilden pairing if the chemistry between Holden and nuLily was stale. And, (as you have all made very clear) arguably, it did. But you can't force a couple together that has no chemistry. Hence, Paolo's return. And yet again, the villainous ways of Damian paired with the naive ways of Lily have made Lilden fans cringe even more. I, too, have come to the sad, sad place I never thought I would........I want Lily gone. :(

NOW.....As for today:

P.J.--Enlighten me. Molly said something to Carly today that peaked my interest. She said, "I would never steal your man.........again". When the hell did that ever happen? The only one I can possibly think of is Jack, but only because Molly used him as her "savior" during the whole Starziak debacle....which ended up bringing about one of the longest CarJack droughts known to mankind.

Molly and Carly's scenes together were pure magic. Lesli and Maura have impeccable chemistry!!!! This made me long for the old days of Montana again. *dreamy sigh* I'm feeling nostalgic; I might go YT some clips now. :P

The Mick story is becoming more and more intriguing.

Craig's bachelor part was to die for! :D:lol: That, IMO, is one of those infamous (small, but comical) ATWT moments that should go down in history. Kudos to whoever came up with that brilliant roast-like/unlikely-character-interaction bachelor party idea...and to whoever wrote it. Just.....awesome!

The temptation scenes with Carly were extremely well done. You could just see the desperation, the want, the need....in Maura's eyes. With any other actress, I don't think Carly would be so rootable.

I wanted to smack Janet, though, when she softly cooed to Carly "you don't wanta do that". Ummm...1) you're the reason she wants to do that, and 2) in the last few weeks, you've huffed about/laughed at/rolled your eyes at/mocked Carly's alcohol troubles and now...you care????? Nuh-uh!!!! I don't think so, missy! *slap*

• Members

That's what I get for giving ATWT any benefit of the doubt. Every story is repetitive, idiotic, paced like the writers are on meth and the audience is retarded. Carly is married to Craig, who wants Rosanna - no wait, Craig is marrying Rosanna, and wants Carly - no wait, his kiss confirmed for him that Ro is who he really wants - and look Carly and Rosanna and Craig have made up in the same episode! - no wait, it's a couple days later and Craig and Carly want each other again - no, wait...

Archived