ATWT: December Discussion

• Members

Me too!

I grew up watching the CBS lineup. Listening to my mother and her sisters talking about the stories.

I have watched ATWT all my life but my memory goes back to Dan and Liz and Susan, Lisa,Claire and Chuck Shea and the introduction of John Dixon.

Ellen killing the housekeeper so Dan wouldn't find ot she was his mother.

I remember when The Secret Storm,my second all time best soap was cancelled after 20 years. There was talk it might go in to syndication but it didn't.

I will not get my hopes up for ATWT.

I watched the show today. I liked Casey and Bob.

I am intrigued about Mick Dante.

The weakest link in the Damian-Lily and Holden story is Noelle Beck.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think they knew how much viewers Martha Byrne brought in for ATWT. It was Bryce fired and then Martha. Noelle is a capable actress but she is not Lily and it ruins the whole Damian/Holden/Meg story. When Martha left she took a chunk of viewers with her.

• Members

Sigh---the funny thing is---everything that's old becomes new again. Probably before I die, some form of serial drama will reemerge. Hey---25 years ago, the sitcom was dead. Talk shows were dying before Oprah.

I couldn't even concentrate on the show today. Other than some insipid sub-plot about Casey and Ali freeing a spider, while Tom Pelphrey lurked in the background, hair blowing all around in the wind.

• Members

ICAM. That's when the rootability for the character stopped. IIRC, Craig was written out soon after.

James...two words for you on that last statement: PREACH IT!!! B)

The spider bit was lame, dumb, etc. If you're going to have Ali and Casey spend time together, do it over coffee at Java. No need to set a spider free in the middle of the woods.

I half-chuckled when Lily asked Holden what she was going to do if Damian wasn't alright (after he collapsed). You'll turn around and re-marry Holden in 2 weeks, I'm sure. *eyeroll* I flove Molly being back. She adds so much to Jon Hensley's performance. He has that twinkle in his eye again. Dim, but it's there. I don't think any actress can make the twinkle shine like Martha. :wub: But I'm just partial like that...

Mick creeped me out, lurking in the woods with his oversized black jacket. *shudder* When are we gonna get the juice about this guy? And what kinda flashlight can make people pass out? I want one. :P

Paolo was good in the 90's. He sucks now. ITA with the recent blog post I read about Damian playing the "mustache twirling villain" too many times. In the 90's, he had depth. Now, he's just another Villain of the Month. He's just stayed around (painfully) a bit longer than he should've. They should have outed him after Holden's return from the dead and sent him back to his beloved Malta. Or join Orlena at the bottom of a cliff. Whichever...I'm not picky.

I surely do hope (pray, actually) that Martha is able to return for the finale. Even if she comes back for a month or so up until the finale, I will be pleased. Lily just isn't the same without her. At this point...if Noelle stays until the finale, I hope Molly and Holden end up together. Because Beck and Hensley have zilch chemistry.

• Members

Goodness I can't even pay much attention to the show today not only was it another off day with Ghost Brad and Mick Stenbeck but I'm just frankly sad over the whole thing. Like others my grandma only watched CBS soaps and so did my mother plus Another World(eventually AW fell out of our favor because it got so bad but in turn we got hooked on Days!) I don't know ATWT always felt warm and family-like where as GL would change its identity every few years and AW was a blob that kept creeping but ATWT had a central core. Carly and Lisa will always be my favorite characters.

• Members

^^^eh...it hasn't helped that the B stories have filled up the past two eppys, has it?

Sigh--nothing really interesting today. I still don't have a clue why Babs showed up at Henry's.

How can the arguably hottest young male on the show (Casey) be so damned boring? More chasing Ali through the woods, mooning after her? Why would that stud not be out hittin' more interesting tail? I know it's "sweet" to think he's "in love"---but damn, this kid's had TWO romances, and ONE of them is Alison. 'Nuff said. Sow some oats, baby hunk.

I'm so OVER GhostBrad---he officially became AnnoyingBrad today. And I don't even like Simon---but he has a point. Brad IS dead. What seemed to start out as Brad trying to help Katie deal with his death has now become a jealous DEAD lover obsessing over a living person. CREEP-Y. (Or a run of the mill "Ghost Whisperer", take your pick.)

At least Carly's back on tomorrow. I hope she slaps the snot out of Jan. Just one before this show fades away---please? I swear, I'll stop praying for Carly to either knee Craig in the balls or burn her bed with him in it.

• Members

The only thing somewhat intriguing today was Barbara finding the "JS" ring. And that was spoiled in last week's previews. <_<

Creepy Mick and the nosebleed #38. *eyeroll*

The Maddie/Casey breakup was dumb, but loooooong overdue.

The Hunter/Maddie slapstick comedy routine fell flat.

I was shocked that Paul's usual paranoia didn't set in when he noticed only one shoe on his feet. "I fell asleep?" Dude, if you can't remember any of what he's saying, it usually means something's up. *a big V8 forehead slap*

The only part of the episode that I liked was the interaction and crossing-paths of most of the characters. I like it when episodes blend and mix characters (i.e. the short Maddie/Barbara run-in).

Nice to see Tom Pelphrey finally got to exercise his lungs with CZP and do the whole "trembling mad" routine with Marnie S. :lol: Slowly but surely, Tom P. is coming back to life.... :lol:

Archived