ATWT: December Discussion

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good episode today.

I thank God Simon and Carly got to put their "romance" in perspective.

Annoyed by Jan's latest powerplay, snapping at Carly for stuff that's not her fault. But the end where Jan "ended" it with Jack---put a smile on my face. Even if I'm not convinced it's the end-end.

Could have done without the entire Dusty/Teri/Jan subplot---but Jan showing up to "hostess" Teri's five star eatery dressed more like a Hooters chick than a manager brought a smile to my face.

• Members

The Katie/Henry scenes at Brad's grave looked awesome. They were pointless. Henry's been pushing Katie to talk to/see Brad's ghost, but now that Simon's back, he wants her to accept that Brad's "gone and not coming back", even though Brad's ghost is still annoying the sh*t out of Oakdale?? It makes no sense. He's putting Katie through a freaking rollercoaster!! But still....the scenes looked good. First outdoor scenes I've seen (in a while) that weren't all up in the actors' grills.

Teri acted like a damn teeanger today, twirling her hair around her finger ever-so-gingerly and giddily thanking "Boss" for scaring off that mean, mean man that was going to totally ruin her "5-star restaurant" that, to this day, not a customer has been seen in for quite some time. *eyeroll* And wtf was up with her scowl-face when Janet walked in (dressed in a blue number that Dolly Parton's girls couldn't even conquer)? I thought the Choke-on-it sisters had buried the hatchet? I guess little sister's jealous of the "boss" showing Janet attention. Teri sure did fake empathy quite nicely, though, when there was "an emergency with [her] husband" that forced big sis to take off running.

Brad's right outside the same diner that his brother is in, and he doesn't see him walk in? Or feel the need to go haunt/annoy him???? Obviously, he's too busy talking to 50's-Diner GhostGirl.

:wub: LooovVVVved the reminiscing of Malta today between Simon and Katie. (I discussed those same scenes a week or so ago) P.J., it might've made your ears bleed, but it brought sweet, symphony-quality music to mine! :D And a big "atta-boy!" to Simon for calling Jack out on his jealousy. He's right; it's not like Carly's going to take off again. Way to over-react, Jack.

• Members

I think Henry accepted the idea that Simon was helping Katie deal with her grief. Since presumably that's the reason Brad's hanging around, to help Katie, and since all Brad's doing now is working himself into a jealous snit, I can see where Henry would think he needed to step up and get Katie to say her "final" goodbyes.

LOL...I FLOVE that Jack overreacted! He already hated that he's the reason Simon's in town...and I think it's not so much the thought that Carly could "leave" with Simon that bothers him. I think it's the fact Jack knows Carly's emotionally vulnerable right now, and she's already been beaten up by Craig and Rosanna's betrayal. She came after him, in spite of everything to help him on this crazy quest, and he'd feel responsible if Carly ended up getting hurt even further by Simon's presence.

And, naturally anything that pisses off JollyParton is fine by me...:lol:

• Members

I was kinda/sorta impressed with how crazy Meg sounded today. And that TIIC covered half the bases in making her look as out of touch with reality as she did.

FLOVE me some Kathleen Widdoes!

Less impressed with the "Brenry" body jumping business---but I gotta hand it to Trent for taking on Austin Peck's annoying speech pattern and mannerisms.

• Members

I have rarely seen anything on soaps less interesting than Alison. Why on Earth is she around? Who cast this wilting shrub?

This Meg seems quite similar to the original Jennifer Ashe Meg. They should've stuck with this when Wilson was brought in as the recast; she would be a full blown success by now as opposed to an overpropped pariah barely recovering in fans' eyes. Again, I'd love to see them recast Fichtner's Josh to stir things up with her. He was never Mr. Stable either. It's not Marie Wilson who's the problem with me - I've liked her since Port Charles. It's the way the character was written for so long. Now she is excelling.

• Members

The thing that really irritates me is that the show refused to utilize Marie Wilson's talent to the point she was the most hated character on ATWT. Now within months, viewers and critics freaking love her. So why now? Why did the show wait until it's cancellation notice was pretty much a given to make Meg a viable crazy villain? Why is the show wasting Paul and Emily with this embarrassing storyline with Dr. James Mick Dante Stenbeck? It's a complete waste of everyone's talent. Why are they forcing Dusty to hang out with two characters that no one really cares about or likes? At this point, as much as I like Dusty I want him gone. Or at least bring back someone that he had chemistry with Lucy 1.0, Josie, Bonnie or even NutMeg. Anyone except for boring ass Teri and Oakdale's own verison of Peg Bundy. I know it's a bit earlier to make claims but I am not that hopeful that we (the viewers) will get any real pay-off at the close of the show if the current writing is any indication of where the show was headed before it's cancellation.

• Members

Well, I dispute that Meg was the most hated character on the show. Marie's critics were and are a vocal lot. I do agree playing Meg as a "I'd never lie" type of character was a disservice to her and Meg.

Given that I'm thrilled that in one week, Craig and Carly admitted their relationship was just destructive and Simon and Carly admitted they were never the "great loves" Pissanante tried to shove down our throats, I do have some hope we'll get emotional payoffs as the show winds down. Hell, even the fact Meg got a "come to Jesus" moment realizing Damian's duplicity gives me hope. I sat through nine months of Craig-The-Anointed playing "hero" before he fell on top of Rosanna repeatedly in Carly's bed. Parker's back to being a sweet, caring child. Jack's trying to get less judgmental. I want to believe....

• Members

Josie! I sorta of liked that actress, I wished she had been a recast Jennifer when Ferrin left. Jennifer was the show's last tentpole ingenue and they killed her off! The show hasn't recovered since then has it?

Anyways I loved crazy Meg today and how Damian has twisted it around so much that she actually has become insane. I would think that Molly would be more defensive for Meg giving everything that just happened to her and using her newscast to blab about her affair. Then again maybe she feels best to keep quiet along with Holden. Emma was excellent today.

• Members

I know Meg seemed to be going crazy today, but I reeeeally hope that he doesn't believe that slimeball Damian over his own sister!! He knows Damian's manipulative, conniving, and would do anything to "win" Lily. I can't help but hope and pray that Holden isn't dumb enough to fall for it.

In between the time it took Damian & Lily to walk in the door, sit down on the couch, and talk...Meg was able to silently break a window? I'm impressed. Moreso that she could also crawl into the house through that tiny two foot hole and hide in the shadows until Damian went up to shower...

AMEN!!!! (I was also kinda glad to see Ewa back; I missed her.)

I don't think Meg ever was a true, blue, evil villain. I didn't watch in those days, but from what I understand, she was just a misunderstood girl that was extremely manipulative.

Lucy 1.0 (a.k.a) Peyton List is doing very, very well for herself. She's currently one of the cast members of the hit ABC show FlashForward. And it's about time, too. (She starred in 2 different series that didn't make it far past their premiere.) A grossly underrated actress, whom I love right up there with Martha Byrne. :wub:

And as far as Dusty's romance, I liked him best with newly-returned-to-Oakdale Meg...not pining-after-Paul Meg, or even currently-emotionally-and-psychologically-unpredictable Meg. BUT....if nothing else, I could see him lasting with Josie. She was basically a realization by TPTB that they had messed up by killing off Jennifer. But then, they wrote her out. <_< (The actress had talent, and the character had truckloads of potential.) I always thought Josie could have been another of Darryl's secret daughters. (Maybe even his daughter with Carolyn.)

That was one of the first nails in the coffin, IMHO. But in their defense, they did try to right their wrong.... (see above)

• Members

i really don't know what to say about the cancellation. i am going to miss the show. however, i was expecting it to happen. just by looking at some of the outdoor sets and stuff and some of the over-the-top plots of kreisman with the mick story and that whole ben franklin thing, something just wasnt right. even when there was that rumor that the show was renewed, i only was hopeful temporarily. when i saw the 1.7 rating for two weeks ago, i asked myself "is cbs really going to renew this show if they are not going to stay up in ratings?" i don't believe that was what played a role in the decison, it basically was a result of the last two years or so. the show got just lazy in storytelling and all and had the same characters on all the time. yes, atwt definitely went downhill after jennifer's death, but it was more the direction after that, jen's death split up the emily/paul/meg/dusty/jen saga and emily went from leading lady to a c story character again, they brought in the untalented lucy recast, and moved dusty into that part of the story with the whole fight for baby johnny thing, paul/meg was in another direction and the whole marriage/trust thing started and it began the on and off peg fling, paul trying to get snyders blessing(thank goodness he never did) and they became the weekly showcased story along with carly/jack. it was basically two stories for the longest time and everybody in their stories played up to them for the longest time. there was one pairing that never had solid ground: emily and dusty, they never explored the romance long enough to see if the fans liked them, that pairing could have helped the show but they only cared about two couples and it is what has ultimately led to the show's ending. now peg is over with, they are getting their act back together with carjack, and then there is pem this time being paired under better circumstances instead of conspiring to keep a baby switch secret. i would even credit returning em to the frontburner that started the show's turnaround. also, meg is being written how she should have been in the first place since returning. but the show just waited too late. i hope maura west, kelly hensley, and roger howarth have jobs to go to after this as they are the three most fascinating actors on this show that can still drive story and those three have the best spark in their portrayals as well that would tanscend to other roles for them.

• Members

The only thing I was like WTFing about was V's 'tude. She came back ready to jump Henry's bones. GMAFB---did she forget why she left? AKA Henry cheating on her? I wish she'd just shown up wanting to talk to Henry, instead of trying to drag him into bed.

There was a point before I found out Paul was behind that all, that I hoped she was Carrie. (Like a certain fan fic I remember.... ;) )

• Members

solid eppy today. Really could have skipped the entire "obnoxious Craig" bit. OMG...I hate Craig.

Jack's being protective of Carly. :D God knows, I want to send her off to sit on some beach too rather than "okay" Ro's marriage to that scum-sucking cretin.

The Meg stuff was okay---but I felt like I've sat through it before.

I gotta hand it to Trent Dawson---his Brad/Henry convo was amazing. But I'm over the Ghost bit too.

Archived