ATWT: December Discussion

• Members

I must be in an alternate universe today---I actually found the Babs/MickJames scene sickly fascinating. And at some point, I may have to concede that Tom Pelphrey can act. Other than dragging wet blanket Alison into it, it's at least been an interesting tale. I'm still not sure I buy that Mick is James, and this isn't some ruse for other nefarious purposes, but at least they connected this "youth serum" to the Hell Spa. And yes, while it's "out there"...at least it's following established history. However, if this is truly the route they've chosen, I wish it involved more of the cast.

I liked that last scene with Meg taunting Damian too. The "court" scene and the silly way Paul sprung Meg from that inep

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised I found the Mick/Babs scene sickly fascinating myself. If this is truly the route they're going, at least they connected it to the HellSpa formula. I'd have hoped they'd have involved more of the cast in that story however, given how many connections James has anyway. I'm still disappointed this "out there" idea made it on air--but...oh, well.

I liked the last scene of Meg taunting Damian too.

• Members

I don't want to believe that Mick is James. I just wish that soaps would stay away from...that kind of thing. Though I agree that the scenes were riveting.

I was surprised to find myself enjoying Casey and Ali today. I've always liked Billy's Casey, but Marnie's acting has never stood out--as many here gave pointed out [/understatement]. Still, she has been Ali for nearly three years, now. I guess I've just gotten used to her.

I also really enjoy Paul when he's not being maniacal and/or crazy. He's really sort of a sweet guy sometimes. :wub:

Damian can be gone yesterday. He does nothing for me, either as romantic lead or sinister villain.

• Members

Mick can't possibly be James. TPTB wouldn't make it that easy.

CZP took the cake today in her scenes with Pelphrey. :wub:

FINALLY! Molly & Holden are starting to connect the dots!!! :D

And as always--Damian's still a douche. Meg's still fascinatingly insane. And KMH is looking great as ever!

• Members

One of the things I'm going to miss most when ATWT goes is Emily. The character hasn't seemed to have had much of a trajectory over the years. Just, whenever the show's needed a crazy lady they'd pull her out. But now that she's paired with Paul (and seeking another child, but let's ignore that for now) and this Mick/James story is picking up, I'd like to believe that the writer's have some long term plans for her.

• Members

Another good show. This pre-Christmas show was better than any other I have seen for some time now. I loved the mentions of Frannie, Sabrina, Andy, Lien etc.... Loved that it was directed by vet Maria Wagner. The Bob/Kim scenes were golden. It teared me up a bit thinking it would be the last Christmas spent with Don and Katherine. If I had to net pick about today's show it would be the tradition at the Snyder Farm. Why wouldnt Emily know about the tradition?? She was married to Holden and spent a lot of time at the farm. And Allison and Casey get married...ummm...whatever.....lol

PJ, are you done smiling from the carjack previews for tomorrow?...hehe

• Members

I actually don't mind it. I use to like all of Meg's paring yet they were all ruined. First...Dusty..then Paul....with Damian I didnt care for the pairing. I still like Faux Paul with Emily instead of NutMeg. So NutMeg being at Fairwinds doesnt bother me...lol It looked like it would add some tension to the pairing.

The Barbara and Mick scenes were intense and nicely done. I particulary loved the elevator scenes.

• Members

Uhm, I've spent a lot of years at the Snyder farm for Xmas, and I'm not sure I remember any "youngest child gets to hang something on the tree" tradition.

HELL YEAH! I think my face might have cracked seeing Jack come home to Milltown, and Janet smacking on Dusty.

• Members

I don't think it was ever a tradition It is just something Josh Griffith wrote up in his script today. It was going for that Days of our LIves putting up the ornament feeling. Jack looked mighty happy being back with Carly and the kids. Surprised Brad told Jack to go with Carly instead of Janet.

• Members

LOL...one of my Carjack buds realized that Jack was in the Snyder kitchen, and Brad tells him to go home to his family (Carly and the kids) instead of come home (his shrew Janet). LOL....it's the little things that make me happiest. :D

• Members

CZP twitter this today

DO NOT MISS ATWT TODAY!!! Stenbeckian drama reigns!!! ... Hughes family Christmas, too!!!! <LI id=status_6938731861 class="hentry u-ColleenZP status">Are you all watching to see Barbara get her Christmas surprise? If not, CBS.com tonite! xo

Wouldnt it be ironic if ATWT hit a 2.0 or better soon. I have a feeling it will.

Archived