ATWT: December Discussion

• Members

Eh.....Bob and Kim were cute. While I could appreciate the Hughes love&forgiveness fest...it seemed a little lame to me. I mean---if Tom was "not supporting" Margo since Adam's left, I would have liked to actually see that, instead of being told that's what's happened. While I appreciate Margo finally acknowledging that she put Casey in a horrible spot, she still managed to turn around and act like Adam hung the moon today. While I love Billy M's Casey...gag me at Casey asking Ali to marry him. It's like the kiss of death, dude! RUN! RUN FAR AWAY!

What else was on? NutMeg/Paul/Em---snooze. It's a strange turn of events when Emily's sane and handing out good advice. (Although she got to recite one of Janet's favorite lines..."she's not your problem, Jack...Paul.")

I don't know what to make of Mick/Babs. I FLOVE CZP getting to sink her teeth into something. And maybe I'm talking myself into it, but I can see TP taking on James' mannerisms. But I'm still not sure I believe Mick is James. Some of the stuff with Alison seemed to poke holes in it---specifically when Mick said he needed time away from "who I'm supposed to be" or something. I know it's a long shot---but I'd rather see Mick be a resurrected David Stenbeck than James. It would at least explain his fixation on Emily. They were big, back in the day. It would explain him having some of James' possessions, wanting money from Paul and knowing stuff only James would know.

At least it's better than simply bringing TP on to be Ali's newest manwhore. And I'm almost willing to give him credit for being capable of subtlety....his "emoting" on GL seemed to consist of a lot of yelling.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lien, Frannie, Sabrina, Adam, Chris, Andy....they all got a mention! I hope this is a good sign toward possible returns for the finale.

James doesn't make amends. That's not who he is? New leaf. C'mon. Only Paul pulls off that crap. *giant eyeroll*

For once, I'm on Emily's side with the nutMeg situation. She's not their problem.

Tom says that because Ali saved Bob and Kim's lives, she'll always be welcome. Don't trust him, Alison. They all said that last time, when you diffused a bomb strapped to Margo's chair.

Casey, that pep talk your grandpa gave you...yeah, I'm pretty sure he wasn't telling you to jump up and propose over dinner.

Tomorrow looks to be triple-ly awesome: Brad's long-awaited heart to heart with Jack and Liberty, CarJack goodness, and ghostly Bradley goes bye bye! :D

• Members

Parts of the show were pretty good today...other parts, not so much. I liked Brad getting to say his goodbyes (I thought especially the Libby and Jack goodbyes were poignant) but sometimes you could feel the focus drifting. I wanted to smack Katie today more than I sympathized with her, and I was totally annoyed by the Brad/Jan talk, acting as though that "very special night" Libby was conceived was anything more than two horny teenagers goin' at it under the bleachers. Part of what annoys me so much about Janet is Julie Pinson's completely over the top "enthusiasm"...and sure enough, the moment she saw Brad she was back acting like some giggly schoolgirl. And not in a good way, IMO. I could have done with less of wise-ass Santa too.

But the Carjack family stuff was golden. I nearly cried when Jack thanked Carly for coming after him when he "wanted to disappear" and "being lucky enough to be friends" with her again. :wub:

• Members

I thought the show was good. The Jack and Brad goodbye was nicely done. It annoys me that they made it seem that Brad and Kate was some great love story.....I'm not saying the show didnt move me but Linden has more of a love story than Brate. I could see myself crying all through the show with Martha and Jon saying goodbye to each other.

So tomorrow is the Walsh/Snyder Christmas?...Nice!

• Members

One of the guys from DC called it "emotionally beautiful"...and I think that's an accurate assessment. Lately ATWT has seemed emotionally thin---with little real payoffs, as if TIIC are afraid to commit to something, knowing tomorrow or next week, they're going to contradict themselves in service of the next plot contrivance.

So, even though I had nitpicks with it, today's episode was fulfilling, because people got to say what was in their hearts.

• Members

Considering Tom was basically an only child (a forgotten only child at that!) during Bob's health crisis, I'm surprised Andy, Frannie and Sabrina were mentioned. Such a shame those characters are gone. I want Andy back regularly. I'd threaten Maura West with being paired with Marnie Shulenberg if she didn't convince him to appear maybe once or twice every couple months. Andy was great.

• Members

I don't even think they'd ever care about bringing Andy back; they didn't when Scott was still acting.

I was shocked that they mentioned Frannie and Sabrina. I wasn't even sure the people at the show now knew who they were. I just wish we could see them one last time. Frannie at least.

• Members

I loved Don Hastings' narration as well it gave me a bit of a lump in my throat with his closing words.

A Good show overall, though I didn't like Luke&Noah scenes either. Too bad they just can't dump Noah and write a story about Luke on the down low with Hunter. I don't much care for Beck as Lily, too icy and shrill for my taste.

• Members

If today's eppy had been about any other family crisis other than Holden and Lily's 8754th break up...I might have had a smidgen of compassion. But I can't buy into sympathizing with children's heartbreak when I'm told about it, and not shown.

Otherwise, I loved seeing Molly come in at the end, and any day with Lucinda and Emma has me watching those scenes. The last line killed me.

Previews looked good for next week. :wub:

Archived