CBS Drama brings back Alexis Colby

Sylph

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's good to hear they aren't sacking the soaps. I remember a friend with contacts in the UK told me ABCUK (I forget the real name, ABC1?) dumped General Hospital although it was one of their highest rated shows. They wanted to rebrand the network or something. Very odd because after they dumped the show the network went 24 hours so they clearly had timeslots for it. They started airing with the hotel fire and my friend loved it. She remembered it from the 80s.

• Members

Took me forever to realize this is about a UK channel now connected to our CBS. No wonder the article author called Dynasty a CBS program when it was on ABC here.

Just checked out the website for the channel, which was formerly called Zone Romantica, and I'm glad to see they are still showing Guiding Light, at the strange hour of 2am. Looks like they are on 2006 episodes - the "Inside the Light" era!

• Members

Fun read, but awwww man, I got a rhinestone-studded boner thinking this was news about the new project Joan Collins has been so hush about! :lol: It's funny how quickly the mind works, I figured they were incorporating Alexis into some CBS primetime show. :wacko::D Have you guys seen her makeover reality show from the UK?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lizE_xFWZiI

• Members

Yup, GH was really popular for such a small network, (ABC1), but they dropped it in favour of constant sitcom repeats and when they started losing out on acquisitions to the bigger channels they quickly went downhill and off the air. To this day I'll never know why they didn't think to show the entire ABC daytime lineup, including The View, and some older primetime stuff. It makes so much more sense. I did love that they brought 8 Simple Rules, Less Than Perfect and Hope & Faith to my attention, though (even if the constant repeats quickly made me lose interest)

It really annoys me that CBS Drama/Zone Romantica is only on Sky and Freesat. I have VirginMedia and we don't get it, only CBS Reality (yawn)

Archived