Y&R/B&B: Casting NEWS! Spoilerish!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Best christmas present ever..... Jack Smith simply put is a hack, and can't write for Sheila to save his life. The character was transformed into a cartoon without any substance.... I have absolutely hated the storyline overall.

Your right about one thing, Smith needs to be fired..... :rolleyes:

• Members

Sheila had loads of potential. I would have loved to seen her freed from jail or whatever on a technicality. That could easily fly in soap world. That would allow her to roam the streets free and NOT have to hide behind wigs and fake teeth.

Sheila and Tom as a romantic pairing would have been so much better rather than as a devilish pairing trying to get back at the ones who wronged them.

• Members

The wigs, disgusies, accents and fake teeth literally almost induced vomitting. It was so ridiculous lol. The Tom/Sheila teaming up could have had loads of potential Í agree but that along with everything else fell falt. The Tom storyline was awesome until they merged the two together... it totally became all about Sheila and Tom was just her clueless sidekick... and now he ends up dead because of it... go figure. William Bell and only him can truly write and understand the Sheila character as he created her and made her what she was.... his son and this joker by the name of Smith completely ruined her.

• Members

This was only a flop because of Jack A$$ Smith! I'm now certain that it wasn't Bradley Bell who ruined Sheila on B&B, but rather the A$$ of Daytime. Sheila had tons of potential on her return to GC. She could have come back, as Sheila, and Lauren could have had her hands tied because the statute of limitations had run out on her previous crimes. Unfortunately, Jack only viewed Sheila as a villain instead of the leading lady that Kimberlin Brown is. Sheila to me is like Phyllis. Both are capable of anything to get what they want and would rather not have to hurt others, if they don't have to. It all comes down to black, white and gray characters. A good writer will have all characters in the gray area but bad writers see all characters as black or white!

The way I would have wrote it would be to have Sheila come back to GC and her roots. Lauren goes to the police and the DA and tries to use her position in society to have Sheila thrown in jail. Lauren would then be told that they can't do anything because they have nothing to prosecute her with. Not giving up on her duty to society Lauren would assign her good friend Paul and his protégée, JT, to the case. Since Sheila is smarter than the two of them combined, she wouldn’t have to be an angel and still evade their prying eyes. I liked Sheila’s relationship with Scotty and they could have still had one without Scotty being told by his mother why she hates Sheila. What a fantastic family show down these characters could have had when Lauren tells Scotty what happened all those years ago. After she finds out that Sheila and Scotty have formed a sort of mother son bond. Sheila could have gone on to have romances with both Tom Fisher and Jack Abbott. My fave, Peter Bergman, could have had a storyline all these months instead of wasted on reckless business decisions and a supporting role. Tom could have continued on with his blackmailing and idiotic behavior leading up to his murder now. There are millions of ways that Y&R could have had the amazing and versatile Kimberlin Brown last 3 or more years. But Y&R is being held hostage by someone who shouldn't have writing control over a fan fiction storyline, let alone the #1 soap on TV!!

l

• Members

What magazine says that Tom will be killed off during the first weekof January? What's the point of having the storyline of putting him on life support, if he is going to be gone in a couple of days anyway? TIIC at Y&R have no spines when it comes to their storylines IMO.

Archived