Disgruntled fans walk out on Britney Spears concert in Perth

SnCCorinthos4ever

• Members

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/disgruntled-fans-walk-out-on-britney-spears-concert-in-perth/story-e6frf96x-1225795213171

Hmm my question is how could she be elbowed and pushed by overzealous fans if she was on a stage?

And if I am paying $100.00 plus for a concert I want that performer sing live, I can listen to them on a CD for less than that if others are just piping music through speakers.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The disgruntled fan was the one being elbowed.

I went when she came here (well, 2 hours away, but still) and it was a circus. Literally. Fans everywhere. When you go to a concert, everyone's not going to stay in a pretty little line with etiquette and manners.

As far as Spears lip-synching, she's been doing that since she started doing concerts. It's common sense that if you go to a Britney concert, she isn't going to sing. No one can do exhausting dance numbers, costume changes, and stage running....and still carry a tune without passing out from heavy breathing. If you go to a Britney concert, you're not going to hear her sing...you're going to watch her PERFORM. Most of her songs are edited to give the whole "techno pop" vibe that if she were to sing, it would sound three thousand times different. Then, of course, her singing skills would come under scrutiny...

Britney does a good show. She interacts with the audience, waves, dances, sings while looking at various parts of the audience. If they wanted a better seat where she wasn't a "big dot", they should have ordered tickets earlier. Not sure about the big screen, though. She was seen on it at the concert here. Maybe there were technical problems or problems with the stage area that prevented them from using it.

• Members

I think it was one of the fans that was pushed around by other, overzealous fans. But the writing for this article is so bad, I don't blame you for the confusion :lol:

How disgusting. If I go see someone, I expect them to give me their best. End of. But, then again, who knows what happened at that concert!

• Members

Concerts here can sell out in a matter of minutes.

Here in Melbourne Pink had one sell out in the space of about 90 seconds and that was for 15,000 plus people.

With the internet (and pre internet bookings) and phone bookings these day's going to an outlet could very well mean that you can miss out very easy.

Concert's that I have been to have had the performer on the screen because of seats that far back. But as you said it could be the venue in Perth as well.

I have been to an Elton John Concert in where he walked out because a moth flew into his mouth.

• Administrator

Exactly!! What did those fans expect? They expected her to sing live??? If they did, they do not know Britney at all. Of course she was going to lip synch! I went to her Circus tour concert and it was pretty good. And they complained Britney had her back to them during portions of the concert? Well duh!! Did they not see the set up of the stage where is able to sing/dance/look towards ALL directions?

• Members

Britney does suck. Her music is good, but that's thanks to the producers. Her voice is forgettable,she can't dance and she has no stage presence. She's like a zombie these days. And Actor87...you can sing and dance at the same time. Even Janet Jackson makes a great effort at it, despite using a backing track. Her shows are great. Madonna and Kylie also put on a hell of a show and are dancing. Really all Britney does is walk around the stage and do a few simple moves. She doesn't do like the old days.

Girls Aloud is another group that does full on dance routines and sing live. Hell, look at their performance of Womanizer on their tour...probably the first time it was sung live, lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2USW6-Iz_4

• Members

I agree Chris B, Madonna, Kylie, and Janet's tours are a lot more technical and heavily dance infused than Britney's, yet they at least make an attempt to sing half of their stuff live, and they still put on a hell of a show. Also, none of those women are as young as Britney is, so really, if they can do it, why can't Britney?

• Administrator

Britney's never done it and doesn't have the skill/training to do it, so she's not going to start doing it now. Your disklike of Britney is valid, it's just the nonsense in this article that made no sense. They're complaints weren't justified: when you buy the tickets, you obviously know she's going to be lip synching and if if you look at the stage map, you know she's going to have her back turned to you at times. So why is the article about this? Just to bash Britney for no reason?

Love me some Girls Aloud! I wish they were big in North America so I could go see them in concert. :(

• Members

She's sung live occasionally with her heavy dance routines (especially in the beginning of her pop career), but doesn't even seen to attempt it all that much these days. I don't think it has anything to do with having children and being in her late 20's (not saying anyone here is using that as an excuse for why she isn't doing it), because Madonna's still dancing her ass off and singing live at age 51, and her stage and show are are lot more complicated and technical than any tour Britney's done. So why does Britney seem to not do it anymore?

Here's her performance of "Crazy" from the Rosie O'Donnell Show in 1999.

I think she did a great job of singing live (even if just using a backing track) and incorporating a dance routine. Her voice may not be the most stunning thing in the world, but she is capable of signing and dancing live at the same time. I think she's just lazy.

I don't dislike Britney, but I do think she half asses a lot of things, especially things women double her age seem to be doing better.

Archived