Great Women of Soaps

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well... i'm not a tropical person, either. But I certainly understand the love of places such a Hawaii, Fiji... when I speak of green, I just mean places that have grass and trees, Martha's vineyard, up the coast of Maine, upstate New York. I just don't understand the appeal of arid climates, unless of course, you are next to the sea... that I TOTALLY get, the Meditteranean coast is BEAUTIFUL. Yes, I've heard of the meditternean diet, but you can eat that anywhere you live. Although olive oil is not my cup of tea, so to speak.

• Members

Hawaii and Fiji and the like are seen as "vulgar" and trashy. Too splashy. Though, many rich people own a tropical island somewhere, but rarely visit.

As for the diet, I wasn't aiming for that. Of course you can eat Siberian food in the middle of Indonesia, but dieticians recommend that you eat seasonal food and according to your environment (which is why Siberian in Indonesia is idiotic and so is Mediterranean in Greenland). I brought it up because it's as if you implied it's unhealthy to live there (arid, sun damage etc.). Perhaps I was mistaken.

• Members

Oh no.. I didn't mean that it was unhealthy to live there. Not at all. What I meant by the dryness was premature aging of your skin, that's all. But as I understand it, arid climates are better for people with respiratory issues, however. And I agree seasonal local food IS the way to go, aboslutely. As a matter of fact, I just dug my sweet potatoes a couple days ago, some are almost as big as footballs! Hawaii and Fiji too splashy? Well, honey... give me splash, I have no need to live a beige life.

Archived