Most pointless soap returns

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days i really enjoyed and was excited for Jenn and Jack to return when Jen returned in Ireland it had potential then it just went downhill from there...if she ever returns i hope she is written better. Kayla and Patch's return was botched made no sense since Lawrence Alamane faked his death ....every time Tony returns its wasted...Carrie and Austin can keep coming back and leaving they are awsome and fun to watch. Im scared to talk about Vivian's return and maybe down the road John and Marlena's return lol...

• Members

ATWT

Craig Montgomery (Jon Lindstrom)

Rosanna Cabot (Cady McClain) - this year and her previous stint

Dusty Donovan (Grayson McCouch) - 2008

Damian Grimaldi (Paolo Seganti) - 2008

AMC

Di Henry (whoever that chick was) - 2008

Julia Santos Grey (Sydney Penny)

Bobby Warner (Christian Campbell)

Anita Santos (Natalia Cigliuti)

Liza Colby (Jamie Luner)

Greenlee Smythe (Rebecca Budig) - 2008 and most likely, 2010

Dixie Cooney Martin (Cady McClain) - 2006

DAYS

Carrie Brady (Christie Clark) - 2005

Austin Reed (Austin Peck) - 2005

Billie Reed (Julie Pinson)

Frankie Brady (Billy Warlock)

Tony DiMera (Thaao Penghlis) - 2007

Steve Johnson (Stephen Nichols)

Kayla Brady (Mary Beth Evans)

GH

Anna Devane (Finola Hughes)

Holly Sutton (Emma Samms)

Heather Webber (Robin Mattson)

Laura Spencer (Genie Francis) - 2008

OLTL

Lee Halpern/Janet Ketring (Janet Zarish)

Cord Roberts (John Loprieno) - 2008

I give them a pass on Tina and Marty because I think their returns had some merit and the jury is still out on Marty - but boy it's largely been a waste, yet she's gotten some great scenes.

Y&R

Phillip Chancellor III (Thom Bierdz)

I will bet money right fuckin' now that they kill him off again, for "irony" a la Colleen/Brad in that lake.

• Members

I forgot about Heather's return, and Steven Lars. Was that f*cking Pratt?

I didn't mind Cord's brief return since it was just to wrap up story with Tina, as Cain's return was, and I'd long ago given up on him being a major part of the show again, but the sheer dunderheadness of what they did with Tina still gets to me, especially with Viki completely disowning her just so they could write her out for good.

I guess I should put Sarah Roberts/Flash in here too.

• Members

These are nearly all recasts and I assume theoriginal post meant actors? nonetheless, I agree 100% with all choices, in fact in all the cases I thought the casting choices were fine (Del aside) but, what a waste. Add to this some other randoms liek the oh so brief mysterious dropped Timmy Dillon return, Jamal (actually I wish when they brought back Livia they'd give her story and not just have her be a random lawyer--Tonya P is one of THE greatest stage actresses of our time, it's an embarassment to have her play a bit role).

• Members

I totally forgot about Steven Lars, and Dylan Fergus' Tim on AMC. Count them in.

I thought the actor playing Steven Lars was very hot and they had a good story with him as John Durant's secret aide. But supposedly the actor had some problems, plus he wasn't in the mob. They wasted a big legacy character.

Maria was a huge waste as well, but they got a lot of mileage and a few good bits out of her.

• Members

I didn't think Zach was all that bad, until Pratt, or the special friendship with Greenlee, or whenever.

I actually liked Maria's return story, and the relationship with Aidan. The rest was not good though, and even though I wasn't a fan, what they did to Edmund was shameful.

Archived