AMC: Actress IN?

• Members

One Life to Live's loss is reportedly All My Children's gain in the form of talented actress BethAnn Bonner. A little birdie tells me AMC actors received an email in their in boxes asking them to welcome the actress, who played the popular role of Talia on One Life, to the canvas. Reportedly, the I Wanna Be a Soap Star contestant, who was last seen terrorizing Murray Bartlett on Guiding Light, has booked a recurring role that could turn into a contract gig on the West Coast-bound sudser.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

when she left OLTL, I thought it would have been a good idea to put her on AMC as a Mia recast bc JL had just joined as Liza and they sort of have a similar look. Mia was a horrible character before but I think with a different actress and different writing, she could have potential.

• Members

The only problem with her being a Mia recast is that she has a history with Frankie. IMO Bonner looks considerably older than Cornelius Smith to pull that off. Plus, they'd have to dredge up the issue of their child, and I doubt the writers care to re-visit that. But knowing this writing team, they probably have no idea of their history together. She's probably yet another new love interest for Ryan. Ugh!

• Members

Hmm, I wonder where she'll fit in on AMC. I was never crazy about Talia, but I didn't mind her either. She had the potential to be a very likeable front burner character.

Have they mentioned Frankie's baby with Mia, or Mia for that matter, even once since Frankie came back? I have a vague memory of Greenlee saying something, or maybe my brain is writing scenes that never existed.

• Members

well if they do bring up the kid, they are going to have to deage him bc he should be in his late teens based on what they mentioned before. He hasnt been mentioned since Frankie returned

They were both born in 1982 and are the same age. I defiently see them putting her with Ryan as well though. He really has no one now as I dont think this Erica thing will go far.

• Members

He was first mentioned in 2002 and he was said to have been 10 years old. 7 years ago so that would make him about 17-18 now. I actually thought for a time that Dre was going to be the son. Of course back then Frankie was in his late 20s/early 30s so the timing worked. However he's been deaged to mid 20s. I think they can get away with him having a 10-12 yr old kid by ignoring his age since the show already messed that up

• Members

Frankie was definitely SORASed at least 5 or so years when Jason Olive played him, but when CSJ came in, they put the character back around his real age (he was born onscreen in 1983, so he's 25-26ish). William would have to be de-SORASed a good bit of years for it all to make sense now. And you know Angie would have bust Frankie's ass if he had a kid when he was 15-16 years old.

• Members

Its not his fault. He and Mia dated off camera and she got pregnant and gave the baby up for adoption. 10 years later she meets Frankie in PV and reveals it to him. The kid was in a good home with a family to care for him, so it wouldnt have been right for Frankie to go in and try to take him out.

• Members

Agreed, but it would've been nice to at least witness a conversation between Frankie and his wife or Frankie and his parents acknowledging that he has a son somewhere out there. At least that way we know the writers are not burying that fact. Unless of course that is their intention.

But I did mention this before in another thread. When the Hubbards came back to Pine Valley, ABC posted their family tree on ABC.com and their was a branch for William.

Archived