Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you for the clarification, Paul. Do you know if the Dobsons originally had someone in mind to be Amanda's mother (either an existing character or one they were to create)? I believe the name "Jane Marie Stafford" was never mentioned until after Marland took over (and Jennifer Richards was already introduced)?

• Members
When Amanda first appeared, she was married to Gordon Middleton, but controlled by Lucille who did attempt to curtail Amanda's independence. The breakdown story occurred in the summer of 1981, I believe. If my memory does not fail me tonight, Amanda went bonkers after her Uncle Chet was revealed to be Eve McFarren's stalker and killed by police. Amanda reverted to childhood because she was unable to cope with an endless stream of grief.

• Members

Thanks. For some reason I had it in my head - without seeing any of this or reading the original stories that much in recent years - that she was that way at the start and Ben helped her out of it. I'm glad you set the record straight.

• Members

That sounds right, Saynotoursoap. I had stopped watching for a while and then started up again in the summer of '81 when I was channel surfing and noticed Nola and was intrigued by her. I remember Amanda being in hair bows and loose dresses (which the pregnancy would explain) and playing the piano all the time.