Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watching this right now. Nancy is doing most of the talking when they get to talk - such an intelligent woman with such a wonderful voice. I don't think I appreciated until now how much Southern women kept the show going through that '80s and early '90s revival era. That's interesting to me. I think it sort of shows the unique flair and vitality GL had compared to other soaps.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I don't know why P & G didn't snap her up and away from ABC and used her as a consultant. I think she didn't want to grind of being a headwriter...(I love her comment about "Susan Lucci is NEVER going through menopause"..would have loved her to write Reva's menopause.) 

• Members

I just think her style of head writing was so special, and wish it could've translated into other soaps. If only she and Stephen Demorest could've co-head wrote As the World Turns following Douglas Marland's exit in 1993, or even sometime in the late 1990s. That would have been magical.