Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not to go too far off on a tangent, but this article has a great summary of how all the soaps acknowledged 9/11

https://amberelfwagner.com/new-blog/2019/7/16/the-effects-of-911-on-daytime-drama-college-paper-1-written-from-oct-2001-feb-2002

General Hospital changed a long-term storyline, and paid dearly to do it, but on Dec. 23rd they did a tribute. It is pretty well unheard of for a soap to acknowledge the real world in such a direct fashion.

September 17", Port Charles featured the cast holding candles.

Days of Our Lives, a planned plane crash was edited out, and on Sept. 17th, the cast members sang “America The Beautiful” to the end of the program.

• Members

Sept. 18, 2009 Finale

Billy asks Reva if she missed Josh. He asks her what she's going to do in a year. She's crying & she doesn't know. Matt's daughter Maureen volunteered him to do sets. He's in construction. She's putting them together to ride bikes together.

Everyone's getting together to say bye to Daisy & Ashley.

James & Daisy say they love each other. They leave. They're driving to California!

Blake & Frank both have to leave. Phillip thinks its weird to be the oldest Spaulding.

Beth thinks Phillip should write everything down. She gives him writing materials.

Rick calls him to come to the park. He tells Beth they're going to the park.

Blake & Frank run into each other on the bridge. They figure out they are their online names. Frank says he really has enjoyed talking to her online. They go for a walk. Natalia & Olivia tell Frank they've picked out the name Francesca for the baby, after her Daddy.

Jonathan is taking Sarah to feed the ducks.

They're going to give Frank & Blake a hard time!

Mindy and Danny & Michelle & Robbie are all back in town, in an enormous truck!

Shane lost the coaching position at the high school but he got the assistant coach's position.

Reva says Natalia can keep Olivia in line---and someone sure should be able to!

And, she told her about meeting Josh in a year --- or not.

"One Year Later"

Billy says they got the bid on the new grade school & asks Jonathan if he wants to be the foreman. He does!

Frank says she has two mommies but he always has to change the diaper.

Rafe is home.

Rick & Mindy are going to get married tomorrow.

Daisy & James kiss passionately.

Dinah & Mallet are watching the wedding.

Josh is at the lighthouse & here comes Reva & Colin.

Reva says she knew she was going to show up. But, she needed to live her life & find herself again. She found Reva again. Did he find Joshua? Does he still want her?

Yes, he wants Reva. She loves him. She's in if he's in. They're both in! They kiss. Her stuff is in the car. Let's go!

(Music.)

The Four Musketeers are together!

Reva says she's "Always" ready.

gl-last-1.gif?w=250

• Members

Yeah, well, if I'd known you were coming, I would've waited for you to put the DVDs in. But imagination & memory do so much! I think it was Bill Bell who said that if you have a fine pair of actors & a good script & a beautiful waterfall, then who needs the waterfall?!

Edited by Tonksadora
typos

• Members

Peggy, another major character tossed aside.

I am sure Fran Myers would have continued, at least in a recurring capacity throughout the 80's.

She was considered an honorary member of the Bauer family. Why not SORAS her son Johnny as they did with TJ Werner and have him involved with Morgan etc rather than inventing Kelly Nelson.

• Members

Interesting how Ross/Justin and Mike/Ed were both lawyer/Doctor siblings.  Ross and his BFF relationship basically filled the void of Mike.  Too bad Mike didn't have a meatier return in 1997.  I guess Don Stewart was difficult to work with, but still... 

After Peter Simon left would've been a great time for Mike to return, especially with his niece married to the mob.  It would've been a great, additional angle to the Santos era.

Strange that they brought in Robert Gentry back as Ed and basically treated him as a dayplayer.  They probably didn't bother to ask the more popular Mart Hulswit.

Edited by Spoon

• Members

Didn't Michelle stand trial for murder at one point? I always thought Mike would be there as her lawyer, and a suitable explanation should have been made of Ed not being there because he never would've abandoned his family. Of course tptb didn't care about the Bauers, and because of age discrimination. Josh and Reva were the few over a certain age guaranteed to get stories 

• Members

I can't believe it's been 13 years. 9-18

I don't know if any of you have any interest in seeing costumes but I have some costumes up in my Instagram account (shallotpeel). Some AW doings: Halloween, some Jake & Vicky fantasies, some miscellaneous, the masked Lumina Ball and Jake & Vicky's November wedding at the Brooklyn Botannical Gardens. Rounding it out is GL's Time Travel storyline. It's somewhat interesting that some of those costumes came from England!

@bboy875 Well, there was the KZ song & dance routine! If she went for as much as 2 days in a row on or even near the back burner, Kim registered her complaint & tried to enlist anyone she could get to speak up about how the show wasn't the same if they weren't seeing Reva, so she made it a self-fulfilling prophecy that fans complained if she wasn't out front!

I do know that more than once people wanted Peter Simon back as Ed. The last time, before he actually did return for that tiny bit at the end, Ellen Wheeler was dying to get him back as part of a story she wanted to tell that involved Roger's son & Ed & Holly. They held off starting the Roger's son storyline hoping they could find some way to entice him back. They even got Courtney to go to bat for them, which was apparently one's last recourse. Eventually they went on with a revised Roger's son storyline, which began alright but sure turned into a stinker before they were done with it. Rightly they had cast very carefully & the actor they got to play Sebastian was very good but when he wanted to romance his prisoner Holly it was cringe-worthy. Ew. Shivers. Sorry to remind you. I may have to sing the theme from "Green Acres" to get tha

Please register in order to view this content

t out of my head.

Edited by Tonksadora
combine replies