GH: Oh Mama! Is She For Real This Time?

• Members

I think that her contract was done in January which means she probably would stopp filming in November/December.

It was a mistake to cast Sarah Brown in almost an exact character as Carly and have her in Sonny's circle from the start. It was not cute and was too confusing for the audience. Guza's decision to involve her in Michael's shooting was another mistake as was pairing her with Sonny instead of pairing her with Rick. Oh well, it is Sonny and Jason's world.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a real shame. GH made such a mess of the entire Carlyverse. First they bring in this generic soap actress as a Carly recast, about as unmemorable and vanilla as it gets, and Carly is now reduced to being wall paper sitting at home like a 1950s soap heroine worrying about stuff endlessly. Meanwhile, the real Carly comes back only they make her Claudia, about as unlikable character as it gets? Not unlikable because she does bad things, unlikable because she is serially dull. She had the same nowhere conversation with Ric/Jerry/Sonny for six months straight in the same living room set, making the same empty threats.

She was allowed to shine a couple of times and when she did she showed I think why she is just better than all the other Carlys and wannabe Carlys (and most of the cast in general). After a really dull Lulu/Johnny/Logan story, Claudia took the stand and just through Sarah Brown's performance, spun a tale I only wished was the actual show--it was that interesting. And her Olivia hate was always amusing if not downright funny. The things she would say about Olivia made me chuckle more than once. Her ability to play total disgust and contempt is second to none.

GH needed a Carly, and they obviously has access to Sarah Brown, I don't understand why they took every wrong decision. Even at this late date they should write Claudia out, send Carly out of town, and then bring Sarah Brown back into what is clearly and what has always been her role, pretenders need not apply.

Archived