Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey everyone here are some notes taken from Variety Archives search engine. I do have access to the archive but it limits the issues I can access and I need those for school. However I am able to do unlimited searches. A big issue is that it often mispells in the search engine, so potentially there are more articles for Search that I could not find. In some cases there were mentions of the show but only a word or two popped up, so I couldn't access the full text. Anyway hopefully some of this information might be interesting. This covers only 1960 - 1969. I will look through the 70's at some point in the future

Aug 1, 1962 - Jay Barney in a flock of dramatic assignments in "Search for Tomorrow," "Car 54........

Mar 6, 1963 – “Search for Tomorrow," tv's longest-running daytime serial, will have its 3,000th broadcast on CBS-TV Friday ( 8). It preemed Sept. 3, 1951

Jun 10, 1964 - Davis signed for six episodes of soaper "Search for Tomorrow" (NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE REFERRING TO, SORRY)

Aug 26, 1964 - ,Shakespearean actor, into running role In CBS-TV soaper, "Search for Tomorrow” (SORRY THE NAME DIDN’T SHOW UP)

Feb 10, 1965 - Legit actress Patricia Harty into running lead on "Search for Tomorrow"

Mar 3, 1965 - Marian Hailey, currently in Florida road company production of "Any Wednesday," goes into a running lead in CBS-TV's "Search for Tomorrow”

Oct 27, 1965 - Virginia Gilmore cast for running lead in CBS-TV's daytime drama, "Search for Tomorrow"

Dec 22, 1965 - Melissa Murphy into CBS-TV soaper, "Search for Tomorrow," replacing Patrician (I ASSUME PAT HARTY???)

Mar 15, 1967 - Beverly Todd cast for a running role in CBS-TV's "Search For Tomorrow" soaper

May 10, 1967 - Larry Haines written out of the "Search for Tomorrow" soap for 10 weeks to enable him to work summerstock in "The Odd Couple"

Jan 10, 1968 - Ken Kercheval, regular on CBS-TV's "Search for Tomorrow," on leave to rehearse for Broadway-bound "Here's Where I Belong"

Feb 21, 1968 - Playwright Arthur Miller's sis, Joan Copeland. into the "Search For Tomorrow" serial cast. 

Sep 18, 1968 - Terry O'Sullivan switches from the same web's (CBS) "Search For Tomorrow" to the "Secret Storm" daytime strip. 

Nov 27, 1968 - Bob Driscoll, who used to produce the "Love of Life" daytlmer for CBS-TV. taking over as ditto on the web's "Search For Tomorrow" strip

Apr 30, 1969 - Kelly Wood into running role in CBS-TV daytime, "Search for Tomorrow."

Sep 10, 1969 - Martha Galpfcin, who has a running part in the daytime tv serial, "Search for Tomorrow," will be in "The Penny Wars." (LAST NAME SEEMS TO BE A TYPO)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Alan Locher will welcome SEARCH FOR TOMORROW alums Maree Cheatham (ex-Stephanie; ex-Marie, DAYS et al), Michael Corbett (ex-Warren et al) and Marcia McCabe (ex-Sunny) to his YouTube talk show, The Locher Report. The trio will appear on Tuesday, November 10 at 3 p.m., which can be viewed herefor the full story.

@DRW50@dc11786 @Paul Raven @amybrickwallace @OzFrog@victoria foxton@NothinButAttitude

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/search-for-tomorrow-alums-virtual-interview-scheduled/

@Forever8 That's wonderful news. I was thinking the other day that Miss Thang should do a SFT reunion.  Now if only  Lisa Peluso and Matt Ashford were part of the reunion. It would be perfect. The long cancelled SFT should get some recognition. Thanks for the tag.

Edited by victoria foxton