AMC: Thursday, August 20, 2009

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With Krystal those scenes were cute, with Brooke they would have been classic!

I hated how Erica's first African scenes were wasted on a computer chat with Ryan.

Oh, Lord, now Scott's lusting after Annie! So much potential wasted with the Adam/Annie and Scott/Marisa pairings.

Speaking of wasted potential, the Randi/Frankie scenes where she opened up about growing up in foster homes could have been a powerful way to explain her character's motivations, but Denise's line readings just ruined them.

Once again, Debbie and Darnell were good, but imo Angie forgave Jesse too quickly. Where's the payoff?

• Members

A fan at SSW told Darnell that, after calculating that Jesse had been gone for twenty years and had a 19 year old daughter, clearly he was able to forget about Angie and have sex with another woman after a mere three months. He jokingly said not to blame him. He didn't write it, so don't get up in his grill. But the woman said her point was if Angie were any other black woman, like herself, Jesse wouldn't have been forgiven so easily.

I wholeheartedly agree. It's cute that this latest lie gave Angie and Jesse a couple days worth of drama, but this is Jesse's third HUGE lie within 18 months. If he were my man, there would be a nice little dog house out back with Jesse's name on it and a fresh bowl of Alpo.

• Members

Ugh!! UGH!!! Rebecca Taylor!!! I. Can't. Stand. This. Chick's "writing!!!"

Annie: Adam shouldn't be spending all that money.

Scott: Because you want Adam to spend it on you?

Annie: I'm just saying Adam should worry about his family instead of giving it to Zach.

Scott: His family, meaning you?

Annie: Zach is the husband of the woman who murdered Adam's brother. He doesn't deserve Adam's generosity.

Scott: That's because you want Adam to be generous with you.

Annie: We have a wedding to plan, a life to live. Adam needs to focus on that.

Scott: As long as you are the one Adam's focused on?

Annie: It's Adam's money.

Scott: And you want it to be your money, too.

UGH! Saying the same damn thing sixteen different ways! I HATE THE DIALOG!

• Members

Angie did forgive Jesse waaaaaaaaaaaay too fast after she said serious trust was breached *again*. She said she'd help Jesse and Randi out of their trouble but she and Jesse would need time to deal with enormous secret and betrayal...then the next day she's having a date night and playing kissy face like nothing ever happened. Makes no sense, imo.

I keep hoping Vasi is gonna dial it in and bring it, just a bit...with so many terrific actors around her. Nada. Zippo. Bupkis.

The dialogue with Annie and Scott was bad, agreed. AM will struggle with his this darkness they're trying to give Scott. Mayfield's been getting better lately, imo. I wish Annie was going to be cheating on Adam but it looks like that's where we're headed.

Did KWAK invite LaKane to Africa to help the starving kids just so she could be a smartass the whole time? She knows Erica came up from nothing, Erica made her own way more way up more than Krystal ever did. I hope the dialogue is a little more aware as we go along. The Odd Couple appeal of this trip for them could be fun along with the good message of helping feed those kids. Thanks to Susan, Bobbie and others who made the trip and are speaking for Save the Children.

Please stop with the readings from Kendall's book about Zach. KTHX.

• Members

Ugh! When they flashed back to her miscarriage a couple of shows back (I didn't see that actual episode) I was astounded... at how BAD that was. It was "Ouch! This miscarriage thing hurts!" caliber.

ETA: Oh! And I cracked up during the scene in the Pine Cone. Randi's telling Natalia how much she enjoys when the baby grabs her finger -- and Vasi literally stops, puts her finger in the baby's hand, and then continues on. It's like OMG! My first instinct would've been to put my finger in the baby's grasp before reading the line to make it look like it was in the moment. Not like "Oh, yeah! Wait a minute. There!"

Archived