Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's got those slightly cross-eyed Brad eyes, too. I think she looks very Bell. She could pass for Lauralee when she's older.

LOL, if Y&R's lucky enough to be still around, maybe MAB will pull another historical slight-of-hand and Sabrina can be Cricket 2.0 in 10 years time.

• Members

Since Maria said she is a two-time cancer survivor (per her CBS.com or sony.com interview on Lily's cancer), I'm very afraid that that is a cancer wig.

No matter what anyone thinks around here, I'm guessing we're all united in hoping she is healthy. If not, that might explain some of the inattention and lack of control that folks here feel they have observed from their headwriter.

ETA: I'm noticing she wore the same wig at the MOCA gathering a while back. I'm seriously worried that she's had a recurrence, which is not happy news for anyone.

• Members

Cancer or no cancer, she has money and clearly cares about how she looks. She can afford a good wig and therefore should wear one. There is nothing wrong with wearing wigs, but it bothers me when rich people have terrible wigs and weaves. You're spending so much money for stuff that looks like you got it at Dollar General. Drag queens have better hair than Maria and most drag queens are broke!

• Members

Yes, I saw that. I was surprised, because I knew the MOCA gala was a month ago. Why are the pictures showing now?

I can't find earlier events with the wig. So, time will tell whether this was a one-time fashion statement, or something less frothy. I wish her health and well being.

• Members

And as a child of a cancer survivor, I didn't even realize. Boy am I dumb.

And it goes without saying... whatever my disillusionment with a piddly soap opera, I would never wish this terrible illness on anybody. Certainly not on Maria Arena Bell. I can only hope the wig signifies recuperation and not recurrence. Maybe even just a dress-up moment. My mother's hair has returned (and very fetchingly, too) but sometimes she trots out the wig because it makes her look so different.

Archived