Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although I'm not a big Y&R viewer, I wonder if anyone else notice a trend that all the actors (except for a few) who came from primetime or films are given the worst storylines to be in and underperforming and playing boring characters all the same?

Why is this? Is it the scripts or how the actors are being directed to act the scenes out? Or, is the shooting schedule of daytime? Because, I know not all the actors who stunt cast under MAB's regime can't be all bad actors.

• Members

Damn, the stories are so damn stupid! So many crazy, "he/she'd never do that!" moments... Heather has been on for 7 times this month but I haven't tuned in at all. If anything, it just makes me disgusted to hear at how they think they can make ANY story work.

• Members

Honey, I was being sarcastic. My main point is that the network is STILL making money on these shows, theyr'e just greedy and and think something else might make more. Big corporations are like that, KRAFT had acquired a product that I used, that had been produced for 110 years, but discontinued it because it's yearly sales totalled ONLY a MERE 7.5 million dollars. Once you get rid of all soaps, and replace them with trash, daytime as a whole will totally crash and burn. The only people who watch trash, ARE trash.... and if the sponsors think that demo is good, then theyr'e living in la-la land. As it stands now, if it's not Y&R, my daytime viewing has gone totally to PBS, and many of my friends migrated to the new THIS tv movie channel.

• Members

Of course being a soap fan, if I say won the lottery I'd do it. I don't know if I'd pick up one of these awful soaps, but I'd spend enough money to do a proper primetime soap and pitch it to SOAPnet. I'd be willing to invest in a show like Gotham and hire some real writers to flesh the series out. With money and experienced crew I think that has potential. I also would give popular scribes like Claire Labine a chance to get their failed soaps off the group. Then SOAPnet could air it and we'll see what happens.

Or maybe a new mini-series with a soap cast, promote it and see what happens. I've always thought it would be a good idea for SOAPnet to revive the mini-series/tv-movie market since they reair so many old ones. Like in the 80s and 90s you can get stars from all the networks and mainstream press for them. But not cheesy modern romantic comedy tv-movies. Do something topical like Guess Who's Coming to Dinner with a twist. Rebecca. Something that's soapy.

The problem with this is that SOAPnet would never put any money into a soap. Night SHift was the end of the road in that regard. It would take someone paying for it and showing them it could work. Until then we're stuck with the most awful Canadian rejects.

She should be on The Real Housewives of Orange County. She is a good looking woman, but never seems to dress herself in anything flattering. And that hair. Who is she kidding?

Archived