Y&R: Potpourri Thread 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bill & Maria's daughter looks (face-wise) hell of a lot like a young Lauralee...

As for the dress: for a stout republican and being amidst family she looks rather cheap and sex-kittenish. LOL

As I'm getting bored with Y&R these days two truly trivial comments:

Why is Noah always dressed like a ballet dancer??? Not talking about Spandau Ballett but Swan Lake here...

I realized that on Facebook, their pages seem to be ligit, Goddard and Beemer amongst other soapers have shirtless profile pics? Why would one do that??? As semi-public figures and especially with Goddard proclaiming himself as a serious "actor", isn't it kind of counterproductive and weird since it is no hook-up site.

• Members

It does look like a wig, but it doesnt mean the cancer is back. She could not have her back to what it once was or something like that because of the cancer and insetad opts for wigs. It's an okay wig, i dont think it looks cheap because anyone who knows anything about wigs knows they are not by any means cheap. A good wig is actually hard to find.

• Members

Really?

It's ok when you're young and not trying for anything.

But a friend of mine is working in HR and they always have a student googling and checking facebook sites when someone applies and if his/her profile is too revealing and if they're fans of someone/something slightly crossing with their ideals his/her application hits the bin...

BTW, re: wigs - apparently some women prefer to wear them (mostly actresses, even cancer-unrelated) to save their real hair from being ruined. Lesley Anne Down mentioned a few years ago that she has been wearing wigs for all job/public appearances since the 80s...

• Members

Yes, of course. I don't think anyone here wishes her an illness or anything like that. One thing is to hate a person's writing, but a completely different one wishing such stuff. And like all of you said: if it came back, I wish a speedy and full recovery!

By the way... If you remember the last pic I posted... There wasn't a wig there and that was in October (National Arts Awards). And I don't think she wore a wig for MOCA Media Preview, which was two days before the gala.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/93017342

• Members

Oh yeah, i know. I helped a freind start a company and thats what i did, the hiring. and i so checked facebooks, myspace, twitter, etc... people really should know better. i know once i start applying for new jobs my defult gets changed to something nice and what not and everything else goes on private.

and you are right about the wigs, a lot of people wear them just to wear them too.

• Members

Must be. This story lacks all depth and understanding of the female mindset when it comes to motherhood. Actually, I think it lacks all depth when it comes to fatherhood as well. Neil is the only one who had the sense to voice some concerns about the timing of this surrogacy, but Cane seems to think it's the best plan ever. As they say, fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

• Members

Wait a minute.

I don't mean to sound insensitive, so I sincerely apologize if this actually is confirmed and real, but have people suddenly, on the basis of hairstyle, seized on the insane theory that Maria Arena Bell has cancer, is indisposed and that is why the writing of her show sucks?

That's like if we have two pictures of Ron Carlivati, one with beard and one without, and I say "oh, the bearded Ron is obviously Patrick London, who must be the guy who wrote the Todd and Marty rapemance. Case closed! Baliff!"

Archived