My Plan to Save the Y&R

• Members

I have come up with a solution to my displeasure with this show beyond just taping and fast forwarding. Next time instead of just FFing the commercial's I'm going to jot down what they are, then go online and find their e-mail addresses. Then I am going to contact Global TV, Sony, CBS, Y&R IIC, and copy all these advertisers with a letter indicating that my extreme unhappiness with the current state has left me unable to stomach this show live, commercials and all.

My main diatribe will focus on how sickened I am that Adam, for no reason that I can see or have been told, caused the only woman who is nice to him, to fall down the stairs and lose her baby. I am going to question if Ashley is still carrying this dead baby around in her, where it would be rotting, or if she expelled the fetus and he burned it in the fire place, then proceeded to douche and bathe this unconscious woman and blackmailed a Rapist Doctor into convincing her that she and her baby are fine. The more I think about it, the sicker I get. Maybe the network and these advertisers are not aware of what is actually going on with this show. All they see is praise from a soap industry who is desperately trying to please the Bell family who are so hung up on themselves that they are destroying the legacy that Bill Bell left them.

It’s time to start fighting back and using their own sick stories to do it!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess it wouldn't hurt to write letters to the network and writers of the show to show them our frustration with the current, horrible state of this once great soap.

Someone at another board posted the link to Steve Kent's Facebook account. He's of course in charge of running Y&R for Sony. Their idea was to message him and voice our complaints. I never use my Facebook account, but I'm starting to believe doing that is a good idea.

Here is the link to Steven Kent's Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=750347467&hiq=steve%2Ckent&ref=search

Not that she actually cares about running good shows or that she reads her e-mails, but Barbara Bloom's e-mail address at CBS is [email protected]

But I must wonder if writing letters will do any good. Does anyone at the network or the Head Writer actually read letters from fans? But oh well, it couldn't hurt.

• Members

I really don't think that the people who are over-seeing this right now are going to make changes. But maybe the network isn't aware of why the viewers are turning off their tv, and when they ask the show, are told that it is normal for soaps to go up and down or some other excuse other than the lousy writing.

• Members

^^^That's true, most of those running the show will probably never admit to doing anything that could cause viewer dissatisfaction.

I think I'm going to send that message on Facebook to Steve Kent of Sony soon...

Everyone else join in and let your voices be heard if you're disgusted with the show right now...

• Members

My advice to those who write to Steve Kent or Barbara Bloom is keep the criticism of the show away from any fanbase talk, i.e. Phick/Shick or Lane or any of that stuff that non-discriminating fans complain about. It's definitely appropriate to take Y&R to task for the depravity of stories (the dead fetus in the fireplace, the torture of a pregnant woman, the molesting doctor, the poisoning of a child with a kiss on the mouth, the joking way the killing of animals is presented, etc.), the too quick pacing, the general misogyny, the bloated cast, the ruination of past stories through current retcons, etc. Nearly every poster on this board, IMO, has demonstrated that they're fairly intelligent and well-reasoned in their critiques of the show. You just don't want to be lumped into the category of non-discerning fans who can't see past their favorite couple.

• Members

Dear unpaid/highly under-appreciated intern,

Kindly tell your higher ups:

• CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

and

• Pacing Pacing Pacing [2 weeks development does not a solid-paced story make]

will rectify any issues with a soap opera.

Thank you, lovely intern.

Sincerely,

bitterfanx

• Members

Well, today's US show was something to add to our e-mails and letters.

The way Deacon not only coerced Amber into sex, but yelled and demanded that she put on a tacky piece of lingerie and get into bed was disgusting, misogynistic, and totally representative of the nasty vision plaguing this show at the moment.

This show needs a new vision, badly...

• Members

I was thinking the same thing about the Amber and Deacon scenes. This show is now making me physically ill to watch. Glad though to have it on tape, I get to skip past Mac and Billy going it in Granny's love nest.

Archived