My Plan to Save the Y&R

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember the outrage back in the late 70's when Luke raped Laura, there was a write in campaign and some fools who that turning their TV's off would show TPTB, they did understand the Rating system then and from what I have read they stit do not understand. We can look back now and see what all those hand written letters did for GH, Luke and Laura became the #1 couple on TV!!!

• Members

It's obviously a different era and Y&R is already hitting all new lows in the ratings. The audience isn't growing, it's decreasing. If they want to keep the loyal fans they have, something has to change, and it starts with the toxic vision these hacks in charge have for this show.

These writers need to be fired and replaced by competent writers who want to write for soaps and who get what this show is all about. Not sick misogynists who only want to victimize women and showcase their rape fantasies.

• Members

You know as disappointed as I am with the show right now (but hope that it will get better soon)I would think the show, CBS & Sony are already getting pelted by viewer feedback either directly and what they have seen online. CBS & Sony may have already started to step in behind the scenes and that's why s/ls feels so rushed..it's like they want to get whatever was written months ago to die already LOL. I doubt if any campaigns to get any one fired is going to work at this point. I don't want MAB to fail but I do want her to stop tooting her own horn because she really isn't that very good as she seems to think she is..and the soap press only fed that opinion IMO. For a person who says she understand the history of the show and its characters I can barely fathom why she thinks Passions-like stories are welcomed on Y&R or B&B-like stories for that matter.

My other suggestion for her even though I love this message board is to stop going to message boards and trying to dig up ideas from them. We may be online and vocal but we are a wee bit part of the overall audience that she cannot see. And she needs to start showing me that she can actually create and invent STORIES on her own preferably original ones. There is absolutely no OOMPH to any of the s/ls on the show.

Personally I am bloody mad at her because it took me well over a decade to get my husband to watch this show and she manages to trash that in 7 months :angry::angry::angry::lol:

• Members

I don't think the show is going to get any better unless Maria Arena Bell & Company are fired. There's been several long-term trends I've observed on this show that have been very problematic for this writing regime and have only gotten worse over time. They're all over the potpourri thread.

I don't think she's ever going to stop coming to message boards for her story ideas either. There's no way one can be taught creativity, it is something you're born with or you're not. It definitely shows on the show right now that she and her henchmen are anything but creative and innovative.

With the fan backlash, falling ratings, and press attention getting worse for this writing regime, I sincerely hope they can be fired and replaced by better writers and producers. At least then we can say they at least tried to save this show.

• Members

Well it was a waste of my time copying down the advertisers because most just have an online form to fill out instead of an e-mail address for customer response. I e-mailed the Calgary Temple to say that their advertising is contributing towards promoting the burning of fetuses and is it or isn't it Rape scenes, but other than that, my campaign is done.

Doesn't matter though, in the last week I've determined that Y&R is no longer salvageable and should just die already.

• Members

I could care less if MAB stays or goes, just as long as those idiots she calls co-HW are fired. She can handle anything on the show except the writing and bring in someone that actually has decent stories in their head.

Archived