Soap actors who are soap fans

• Members

Vanessa Marcil's favorite soap couple is Bo and Hope, but she also likes Luke and Laura and watch GH back then.

Cady McClain said at the Emmy awards in 2006 that she was happy to see Tristan Rogers and Emma Samms because she was a big Holly and Robert fan.

Missy Reeves was a fan of Capitol.

Bethany Joy Lenz is an AMC fan.

Anyone know of any others?

• Members

Laura Wright and Crystal Chappell grew up watching soaps. Chappell said she was a dreamer who longed to act on Daytime because the female characters seemed so strong and alluring. I think her performances past and present encapsulate that.

• Members

I know he has spoken out a few times about performances he sees on other soaps.

Yeah, I think it was one year's Emmy coverage... he was talking to Ricky Paull Goldin and mentioned he watches all the CBS soaps and "ones on other networks as well" lol he wasn't saying which though.

• Members

I know he has spoken out a few times about performances he sees on other soaps.

Martha Madison said that he told her that he loved her work once. On the topic of Martha, she was a big fan of the show growing up.

I think Rachel Melvin watched the ABC soaps, at least AMC.

• Members

This goes way back, but Tracey Bregman said she was upset when as a teen she was hired to play Don Craig's daughter because she was hired to break up her favorite couple on Days at the time, Don and Marlena. She also said she was excited to work with Roscoe Borne as Terrible Tom because she had a big crush on him when he played Joe Novak on Ryan's Hope.

• Members

For the ATWT 50th anniversary stuff a few years ago, Terri Columbino did an interview where she said she grew up watching the show and that her favorite moment was when Nancy and Chris celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.

B&B's Alley Mills and her husband, Orson Bean, became huge fans of the show when she joined the cast. I think I read that they tape the whole week and watch it together on the weekend.

I believe Robin Strasser is also a big fan of the genre.

Archived