AMC: Thursday, July 9, 2009

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, um... am I the only one who finds it a little hap hazard to write another murder when the first one hasn't been solved yet?

Unless Randi Bore-gan is actually a serial killer... Killing Dave Chappelle, Stuart AND the District Attorney --

Okay, wait! The D.A. is dead, and Jesse is helping this chick cover it up? Is that what I'm to understand this story to be? Did she actually kill him by hitting him with a bookend? Or is there some business still left up in the air, causing this to be another whodunit as well?

• Members

Yes, haphazard it one way to describe it, R. It takes all the momentum from your great big Sweeps murder mystery involving a longtime beloved character on AMC to have another mini-murder mystery of a brand new, intriguing but not beloved or lovable and totally replaceable @sshole District Attorney. I think the soap mags said Pratt wanted to drag out the Stuart mystery till fall, so I we could safely call this filler.

Regarding the murder itself? Randi knocked him unconscious in self-defense move as North held her in an attemped sexual assault (out-of-the-blue actions for North but there we are). The Young Mrs. Hubbard used an eagle head object d'art/paperweight and hit him once. She left to call Jesse (I think this is when the call took place) and sometime while she was gone, North's wife, Madison came in while he groaned and writhed on the floor and asked repeated for help. His head injury was bloody and obvious, Madison made some snide remarks then whacked him in the head again with the aforementioned object d'art/paperweight. When Randi returned to North's hotel room, Madison was gone and he was dead.

Though Randi's whack was self-defense, she did contribute to his killing, even if Madison finished him off. No way that first major blow didn't exacerbate the killing blows of Madison. Not that any of that matters. The official line is North deserved it, therefore all actions are justified.

Fear not, however....Zach is OTJ and will solve the mini-murder mystery, save the Chief of Police and his family as his simultaneously saves Kendall from herself and her silly plans.

As flawed as the story is I think Jesse and Randi's secret has the best chance of making an emotional connection with me right now. But that is tenuous then you have the shower scene with Randi recalling being nearly sexually assaulted and "killing" a man--Vasi couldn't bring any deep pain or anxiety. That's a moment to really hit your audience as an actress. She couldn't, imo. This story is a lot to put on Vasi's shoulders.

Like that BE's hair is growing out. Glad to see Jack again. He is also a good foil for David in legal battles. Liked Liza going after Erica about pushing Annie's crazy buttons.

• Members

This show is such a mess, I don't know where to begin...

The premise of the show now is "one murder per month". Who cares that some D.A. was murdered in the hotel???? Nobody...a newbie who was on the show for a month...and who is the center of that storyline? Randi "Horrendous" Morgan-Hubbard. Really? A big storyline for such a bad "actress"?

I won't even talk about the whole crap with "who killed Stuart". A beloved character killed for what? And who's the big suspect? Annie? Really?

And, wasn't there a storyline featuring Tad/Alexander Cambias and the whole discovery that he didn't kill Dixie. What happened to that? Are they waiting for Cady McCain or what?

I loved this show so much, but after Bianca/Reese left, it's just yuck.

• Members

I thought that story was just an excuse to make people angry enough to want to kill Adam.

I'm just glad that Stuart's murder has given DC such incredible material. I'm sure fawning over Annie will get that Emmy shelf groaning with another trophy.

Archived