Y&R: Pretty big Phillip III spoiler...

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it was a mistake for the head writer to resurrect Phillip III, because this this twist sound silly. Second, I think Phillip was a legacy character that should have remained deceased so that he could always be a source of tension for Jill and Kay, Jill did blame Kay for his death all those years ago. As for the story possibly being about Bierdz's personal experience, I don't think art should imitate life in this case, since it means retconning too much show history.

• Members

I agree that Philip should have stayed dead. But since LML had the nerve to change that, then I accept that Philip is not dead after all, because I do NOT want Cane to be Philip.

If Cane had never turned out to be Philip, I might have not liked this. I generally don't love these come back from the dead stories.

• Members

But they could have Cane not been Phillip after another DNA test and he turns out to be a con-Artist.

MAB came in wanting to fix what LML did and undo the changes made to the Jill/Kay mother/daughter thing. For someone who wanted to make things right, she's doing the same thing her predecessors did by undoing history and changing things around by bringing Phillip back to life and making him gay. She's no better than Kay Alden, Jack Smith and LML.

• Members

This sounds so stupid. If TB and MAB really wanted to tell his story so bad, they should've just done a tv movie for Lifetime or something. Bringing back a character from the dead and having the reason he faked his death be that he was too scared to tell his family he's gay is ridiculous.

• Members

Wow. No they didn't. Yes they did. I think this story will only work for me if after all the hugs, kisses, tears, and cries of, "You're alive!", somebody slaps him in the face and drags him out back to whoop his ass. How dare he pull some mess like that!? Gay people commiting suicide certainly happens, elaborate schemes of faking death is a little tougher to swallow. If they are going to do such a bold revisionist s/l, imo they need to fight tooth and nail to make this as realistic as possible in terms of Phillip's motivations and Kay, Jill, Nina, and Chance's reactions, there needs to be a !*LOT*! of anger there.

• Members

But Mark... fans are wishy-washy. The outrage you see about Patty Jane and her kiss of death is the same kind of outrage you saw back in 2003 when Katherine had her stroke, and was confined to a wheelchair, and Liz Foster growled at her that she wanted to "Slap the bejeezus" out of her.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBpAhTJg7OE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBpAhTJg7OE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBpAhTJg7OE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Members

Yes, but that story is one MAB worked hard to retcon as she felt it wasn't right for Y&R, wasn't it?

Bring Liz Foster back now, Y&R, please, please, if Julianna McCarthy is able. The cameo at Kay's funeral was good but Jill needs her more than ever.

Archived