Y&R: Pretty big Phillip III spoiler...

• Members

Well sorry but as you said character driven drama might be gone but I am not going to settle for [!@#$%^&*] just because that is all I can get.

Why should I care about sticking around to watch whatever they give when they have proven they don't care about me as a viewer? I have watched since Day 1 too, but I am not going to accept this mess just for the sake of being there. Not where there is a whole lot better stuff on to watch. Why accept somethign so inferior when you know they can do better.

And as to Bierdz being 47 and him looking younger. He might but he still hasn't aged well. I still think he looks good but he is not the hunk he used to be. There is a different look to him now. NOt sure how to explain it but there are aspects of his face that didn't hold up as well as others.

And sorry but I and others will judge Bierdz and his acting just like we do on other shows.

I for one love Farah Fath but she is totally out of place in heavy dramatic stuff and it totally throws off the scene when she tries to do it. And that is what Bierdz does here. Sorry you cannot watch a heavily dramatic scene and expect to get into it when the actor they are trying to hoist on your cannot pull it off.

Good actors can turn bad writing into gold. But bad actors cannot even make good words look good. Sorry but that is just the way it goes. And sorry but Bierdz is not selling these scenes for so many.

And sorry but quitting is the best way to let producers know when you don't like something. Y&R is not giving me anything these days. Who on the show am I supposed to care about anymore:

A psycho demented boy who wants to get even with his dad so bad that he causes the death of a child and sleeps with a gay guy.

A gay guy that is being played by a psycho who the writers haven't even taken the time to develop and let me know.

A psycho demented shrew who is so desperate she poisons a child.

A once strong tycoon is so stupid that he can't even see what his son is doing, but his ex-wife can.

A once strong woman who now can't do anything without the strong man in her life to pick up all the pieces.

A man who goes back and forth between his ex-wife and his current wife and can't even seem to make a decision that lasts.

A woman who sleeps with 3 men and is magically cured of mental illness and then lies to the men in her life about who the baby's father is.

A man who cons the people in his life so that he can get a family

A man who fakes his death because he's gay; sends another man back to his mother and grandmother, but doesn't care anything about his own son.

And on and on and on and on.

Y&R does still look good as I said. But in all there are only 3 characters out of the numerous that I even care about anymore. The writers are destroying them all and not giving me anyone to care about anymore.

I have watched Y&R for all these years because I cared about the characters, and the writers cared about the show and the characters. MAB and crew obviously don't. And their vision of Y&R is so far away from what Y&R is and should be.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honey, it's only been a week since that first scene with Adam and Rafe. Am I being patient, in your book... I guess I am. Will I wait a YEAR, hell, no. I told you I wasn't willing to wait till November. We all know Y&R skews very old, so i'ts quite likely that MAB is trying to ease into it so as to not give ma and pa kettle a heart attack.... or like I said, sh'es draggin it out and teasing us, or it could be BOTH. I think what transpires in the next 3 week will tell us alot. I'm willing to wait, just like I waited for Glo to be brought to account for the face cream. And if it's a BOMB, like the face cream, I will call her out for it, BIG TIME. However, I don't consider a gay kiss or lvoe scene comeuppance, as you suggested earlier... but I DO consider it a payoff. Let's hope TV cna move AWAY from it being a payoff, and it be an everyday thing, but it's obvious MAB is not quite there yet, as much lip service as she may give to that. But this IS Y&R (Not exactly known for moving quickly), so I'll accept their baby steps for a while. If I sat through 6 months of stroke victim Molly Carter trying to utter the word "Baby" to Lauren, I can sit through most anything.

• Members

I know you clarified that you're not dissing fanfic but CRAPPY fanfic. Still, there is this sense that if the show is written by a fan, or to PLEASE fans...that is somehow a bad thing? Everyone admits the swiss-cheese holes in this story (P3), but darn-it, it sure is bringing out some great scenes! The "fan-pleasing" aspect is not necessarily a bad thing.

EXACTLY! On any other show, we might be in for a "kissing ban". On Y&R, it could take YEARS for major beats to happen (indeed, I wish that would be the pacing of things!), and it would be part of the formula.

Look at Billy-Mac. They STILL haven't been physically intimate. Nobody is complaining about that!

• Members

That relationship is supposed to be more about fate and starcrossed wires. We also get to see them kiss.

Rafe and Adam were supposed to be more about power and about seduction to keep Rafe quiet, or so Adam believes anyway. That's probably why people were expecting more. Nelson Branco repeatedly hyping what he thought was supposed to happen is probably what really made some fans expect more.

I didn't expect any same-sex affection on Y&R. Y&R is a very conservative show and always has been. The show at the moment is probably more regressive than I can ever remember in all the years I've been watching. I think if the Chris Engen departure had not been built up to be all about the supposed heat between Adam and Rafe, viewers may not be waiting for this big sexy moment.

Archived